TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky!

+2
FarShark
10seckid
6 posters

Go down

Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky! Empty Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky!

Post by 10seckid Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 pm

So I've seen everybody pull out there little plastic tote of cleaning and polishing supplies to make everything absolutely immaculate. My question to you guys is how do you make your cars paint feel like a babies bottom...mine feels really porous and gritty, for lack of better words to describe it.

Thanks alot

Cheers
N
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/10seckid

Back to top Go down

Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky! Empty Re: Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky!

Post by FarShark Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 am

If its not the paint and but actually crud, Clay it and it will feel really smooth.
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky! Empty Re: Twinkle twinkle little star...like a diamond in the sky!

Post by phuknrht Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:33 am

^ what he said, its really easy to do, but if you dont feel comfortable doing it the first time, probably cost you like $100 to have the car washed, clay barred and waxed. I know a couple guys with a mobile service that are really good if you want their info let me know.
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 am

That's perfect exactly the answer I was looking for...will let you all know how it goes.

Cheers
N
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am

Megauirs clay bar was the package I picked up from the shelf and it worked great...thanks for the suggestion! Is a 100 bucks the going rate for washing, clay barring and waxing a car?
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Glad it worked out for you!!

I know its $100 at this one detail shop in my town, my buddies with the mobile detailing business ( Elite Auto Salon ) charge a bit more now I think cause gas prices rising and stuff but you'd have to look around to find out for sure.
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am

Thinking make flyers for my street and drop it off for a wash and wax for a couple of bucks. I'm gaining popularity amongst my neighbours as they see me outside every night after work tinkering away with one thing or another.....hmmmm!
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Braden Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:53 pm

yeah for a complete clean including interior clay and buff its an hour+ obviously depending on how bad it is ...the place i was working charged $95.00/hour but when you have the things provided too you in a detail bay it makes it super easy to make it look like new again
Braden
Braden
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxRacer Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:06 pm

high speed buffing is the best way but its also an easy way to fuck up your paint so dont try it yourself Laughing

i do mobile detailing for all my buddies and others that have found out about me threw word of mouth. The last shop i worked at charged 100 bucks for a wash and wax not even claybar!
FoxRacer
FoxRacer
TTS VIP

http://www.foxdetailing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 pm

phuknrht wrote:^ what he said, its really easy to do, but if you dont feel comfortable doing it the first time, probably cost you like $100 to have the car washed, clay barred and waxed. I know a couple guys with a mobile service that are really good if you want their info let me know.
Was+wax+claybar for $100, is this just exterior cleaning? Send the info, I need some ish done.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 am

Hydrolikz wrote:
phuknrht wrote:^ what he said, its really easy to do, but if you dont feel comfortable doing it the first time, probably cost you like $100 to have the car washed, clay barred and waxed. I know a couple guys with a mobile service that are really good if you want their info let me know.
Was+wax+claybar for $100, is this just exterior cleaning? Send the info, I need some ish done.

it was lastyear, I havent talked with them about "business" since but here's links

Elite Auto Salon Website

FACEBOOK Group (mostly for additional pictures)
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down