TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wheel widening

2 posters

Go down

wheel widening Empty wheel widening

Post by s_moneh Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

anybody know a place that can widen wheels? i may very well want to widen my bbs wheels to give them some lips and to have them as overall "stance" wheels as they r a bit heavy to even bother using at the track

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

wheel widening Empty Re: wheel widening

Post by mad hatter Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

What BBS are they? One-piece or two-piece?

If they're 2 piece, you can just buy wider barrels to go with the faces, and get them set to whatever offset you want.

If they're one-piece, you could try a place that fixes wheels - like Carcone's - but I have a feeling it'll probably just be cheaper to buy a set with the offset and width you want.

mad hatter
TTS Rookie

http://www.ifirstforce.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s_moneh Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am

they are 2 piece

as far as i'm concerned i CANNOT buy new barrels they come how they come and i would have to do custom

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mad hatter Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Then you're looking custom. Try out some of the wheels refinishing places to see if they can do it for you.

IMO, it's probably gonna be more cost effective to sell your BBS, and buy a different set with the correct width/offset. OR... buy spacers and get flush, but no lip.

mad hatter
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by s_moneh Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 pm

thats the thing its nearly impossible finding 5x108 wheels. so if i sell i gotta look insanly hard or go with a custom set which costs tons more.

i wanna do like 17x9's in the front giving me a 1.5" lip
and 17x10's in the rear maybe 10.5''s giving me a 2-2.5" lip i'm cool with those aha but yea i'll give a few places some calls and see what that could run me

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mad hatter Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

You could always get them filled and drilled... BBS with the big centre caps are a good option because they hide the bolt holes anyways. A set of RS would be ideal, then you can pick your width and offset, and it's easy to fill/drill the faces.

At the end of the day it depends on your bankroll, hahaha

mad hatter
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum