TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how much do you think i could get for my car?

+3
Hydrolikz
just G
Infamous
7 posters

Go down

how much do you think i could get for my car? Empty how much do you think i could get for my car?

Post by Infamous Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 am

from everyone that know my car , 08 60k , how much do you think i would get for my car ?
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

how much do you think i could get for my car? Empty Re: how much do you think i could get for my car?

Post by just G Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:02 am

13k, thats what dealers would give you. private i would say 18k.
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

how much do you think i could get for my car? Empty Re: how much do you think i could get for my car?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:41 pm

12-14k dealer. 16-17k private. ur not gonna get 18k out of ur whip. trust me

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 pm

I got $19.5K for mine with 105KMS cheers So like Kevin Garnett said "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!"

afro
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by hdrasta Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Hydrolikz wrote:I got $19.5K for mine with 105KMS cheers So like Kevin Garnett said "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!"

afro

haa so tru hydro
hdrasta
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by stitchflip Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:03 pm

yeah i was thinking about this too..
I wonder how it would work if I haven't fully paid the car - would I be able to trade it in?!?
stitchflip
stitchflip
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 pm

my big situation here , and feel free to voice your opinion here

sell my car try to get atleast 16 k for it

buy a skyline with the money i make from mycar

and keep paying off the money i owe on the lancer

but insurance is cheaper for the skyline then the lancer , so in reality im paying less , but paying for a car i dont have still/kinda
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Do it, I would if it made sense. And you gotta look at it like this: Keep lancer/payments and drive lancer OR: Sell lancer buy skyline and keep paying lancer payments with a skyline! The latter sounds better to me, especially if insurance is cheaper!!! WTF are you waiting for?!? I was looking into this for the Evo, but it didn't make sense for me to do that with the amount I would've lost with my high ass km's.

afro
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:01 pm

i say keep the lancer.

why paying for something you dont own? that shit dont make sense to me. if there is nothing wrong with your lancer then keep it. your whip looks sick.

and RHD as a DD............. dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 pm

if i keep the lancer i have to boost it , i cant take this no more , not havi9ng boost
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:28 am

Who are you financing your Lancer from? cause uh, they aint gonna let you sell it before paying them off, if its thru mitsu (Scotiabank I think does all theirs) the car is listed as the security on the loan, in case you default, and im not sure if you can legally sell it with a lein on it, or if it is legal someone would have to be a moron to buy a vehicle with a lein on it... if it is thru a bank theyre also listed as the beneficary (spellin?) on your policy, too ensure they get their money back... gettin rid of a vehicle you owe money on can be tricky, unless youre trading it in towards the next vehicle...
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by rontam90 Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:34 am

the million dollar question...

how badly do you want a skyline?
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm

to me... that doesn't make sense.

If your financing your Lancer, you can't sell it. That’s breaking a contract and is considered fraud. You will have to get some sort of unsecured loan or line of credit to pay off your car loan and then you can sell it. That way there is no lien on the car.

But besides that, I just don’t see the point of paying for a car you don’t own. Might was well pay off the Lancer and sell it so you break even.

Just boost it, wait a bit and then buy the Skyline

Back to top Go down

Post by hdrasta Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:33 pm

miss_jess wrote:to me... that doesn't make sense.

If your financing your Lancer, you can't sell it. That’s breaking a contract and is considered fraud. You will have to get some sort of unsecured loan or line of credit to pay off your car loan and then you can sell it. That way there is no lien on the car.

But besides that, I just don’t see the point of paying for a car you don’t own. Might was well pay off the Lancer and sell it so you break even.

Just boost it, wait a bit and then buy the Skyline

+1

no point in paying for a car u dont have, Its a good car and it has potential to be better with the right mods
and with a loan to pay off could lead to higher interest rates which would u paying more. plus I want to boost it too cheers
hdrasta
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

I think you guys are missing the point, sell the lancer and pay in-full for the Skyline (NO PAYMENTS ON SKYLINE) but.... be paying the same Lancer payments while your driving a skyline. But I don't know all the legalities, so it may not be possible. But who here really would say they wouldn't rather have a Skyline for the same mthly payments as the lancer? :scratch:
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by rontam90 Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Hydrolikz wrote:I think you guys are missing the point, sell the lancer and pay in-full for the Skyline (NO PAYMENTS ON SKYLINE) but.... be paying the same Lancer payments while your driving a skyline. But I don't know all the legalities, so it may not be possible. But who here really would say they wouldn't rather have a Skyline for the same mthly payments as the lancer? :scratch:

fact of the matter is, you cannot sell a car in which the owner still owes $$ on. which means, unless shane can source a line of credit to first pay off all remaining debt on the lancer, he will not be able to even consider selling it.
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Just like I said, I don't know all the legalities but if it was possible who here wouldn't?
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Hydrolikz wrote:I think you guys are missing the point, sell the lancer and pay in-full for the Skyline (NO PAYMENTS ON SKYLINE) but.... be paying the same Lancer payments while your driving a skyline. But I don't know all the legalities, so it may not be possible. But who here really would say they wouldn't rather have a Skyline for the same mthly payments as the lancer? :scratch:

ok... but saying, having a skyline but paying the same monthly payments for it as a lancer... but the skyline is cheaper than the lancer technically... your paying more for the skyline then necessary right?

to me it just doesn't financially make sense.

Ultimately it’s up to the buyer obviously, and yes no matter what anything can be done. Getting a unsecured loan or line of credit to pay off the rest of the lancer is quite simple, as long as the buyers credit is good.

Just sometimes you have to look past how bad you want a car, no matter how nice of a car it is, and actually look at what you are about to do.

but anyways, I am for getting a skyline. I'm put putting women 2 cents in here, because women are smarter then men Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:30 pm

all i have to say is that your will be losing money by doing this. a lot of it. 16k plus still making payments on a car you don't even have?? thats a shitty deal! you can't have negative equity and buy another car. unless you wanna keep making payments forever, or unless you have money saved already.
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

How I look at it is I agree with Curtis because If shane were to sell his lancer and get a skyline he has no payments on the skyline but insurance. Yes it kinda does suck that he will be still paying for the lancer but it would just be like paying for the skyline. Anyways it would be nice to get our dream cars Laughing but in the end its all about money so if he will be paying more then no i'm sure he wouldn't do that Laughing If he is getting a deal then WHY NOT! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:18 pm

M1 wrote:How I look at it is I agree with Curtis because If shane were to sell his lancer and get a skyline he has no payments on the skyline but insurance. Yes it kinda does suck that he will be still paying for the lancer but it would just be like paying for the skyline.

Exactly! If he were to say he's getting an Evo10 and still paying for the lancer but driving an Evo everyone would STFU, it's the same concept...
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:31 pm

one thing i could do is look for someone to take over payments , meaning id get a fresh start and they pick up where i left off

or i could try to sell it as is with all the mods for 20 g's or whatever i have left to pay off on it

those are the 2 ways i could do it legally without getting a line of credit to pay it off
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:00 pm

or just go on evom and sell ur car there. see if anyone is intersested in it. im sure its not gonna be a hard sell

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 pm

i gotta figure out what i owe on the car before i do anything and get a ins quote , so i need to get a vin from a dealer
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:25 am

booooo i still owe 21,986 , selling aint lookin too good

looks like i might have to save up
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum