TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowered + insurance

+2
Zero
mattcanada
6 posters

Go down

Lowered + insurance  Empty Lowered + insurance

Post by mattcanada Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Since alot of you are lowered thought I might share this. Saw on the TLC fb group that some insurance companies will not cover you if you're lowered (and they don't know about it), they pretty much classify you as uninsured because the car was changed and it isn't the same car they agreed to insure (so you're left with any bills/law suits). I believe he was referring to statefarm, where-as his insurance company RBC wanted a 10k increase to his premiums. Just didn't want anyone to get screwed if anything happened. This is just 2nd hand info so if anyone actually knows feel free to post it
mattcanada
mattcanada
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Lowered + insurance  Empty Re: Lowered + insurance

Post by Zero Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

o_O, dayum
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Im with state farm, have 2 sport cars insured with them and have never been asked if it is modified or changed in anyway.
Boosted BigBird
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by asteroid Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Maybe 3% of all the people that mod there car tell there insurance. Be real they will insure you with a factory sports car that can do 0-60 in 3.5seconds but they wont let you change your sway bars. System always works. Usually insurance just wont cover the parts you added to the car. Unless you add a turbo or something and kill a bunch of people because you were going fast you should be alright. Just don't expect to get the money for the parts you added to the car if you claim something through them.
asteroid
asteroid
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by mattcanada Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm

I know next to no one tells their insurance about mods, but the post on fb (guys uncle works for statefarm) said that for lowered "because the centre of gravity is changed blah blah blah" they dont cover you/car if youre in an accident. And tbh it sounds like some BS that an insurance company would pull now-a-days with all the scams and crap going on...
mattcanada
mattcanada
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 pm

My Lancer (that was lowered, and insured by state farm) was cover when it got written off. And they covered ALL my aftermarket parts (that I didnt tell them about) I just had to provide receipts. Very Happy
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by hughheff Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

l o l my insurance company is doucebags

get aviva, they dont give a @$%@ ! and cheap too.

call 4 a quote

hughheff
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum