TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

MegaSpeed Custom Car And Truck Show 2013

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MegaSpeed Custom Car And Truck Show 2013

Post by BrianV on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Yeah not a lot of notice but I'll make it work. I'm thinking I'll use an enclosed trailer from work to bring it up so I dont get stuck in any snow on the highway, that would not turn out well.

I still don't have a set of stancions and I don't know if its too late to rent a set but I have some large traffic cones that I think will do the trick just fine. Cones + caution tape or something : ) I'm going to see if I can find a better easel for my display board, the thing I used last time I was not impressed with, its sooo flimsy.

Anyway looks like I wont be able to get up there till at least 5pm :( What time will you be there JP?
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Sooo I guess I missed a memo or something Laughing. I didn't see anyone else there except Ali with his Skyline. I looked through each hall 3-4 times but didn't see anyone else :( Are we not doing the R/C thing now? Or did I just completely miss something?

Anyway!

Here is me moving in hah. I borrowed a truck and trailer from a guy at work...8'x12' trailer

My current setup at the show...Its better than last year but I don't like it still. I got some traffic cones and caution tape as a barrier but I think it looks bad. Stanchions are expensive but I'm thinking if I'm planning to do more shows like this I'm going to have to get some cause this looks rediculous. I might replace the caution tape with marker tape or something tomorrow I don't know :(

What do yall think of my new improv for the display poster? I found that stand for $20 at walmart >.> its a clothes drying rack. The poster is printed on canvas now too. I secured it to the top post so easily rolls up and down, like a projector screen hehe. I think it looks not bad and it sure works good (oh and the buggers that printed it didn't give me equal margins on the sides *GRRRRR*). I do want to cut down the height of the stand and narrow it a bit but with the notice I had, well I did what I could yesterday.
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by koi on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:02 am

good luck at the show, looks good, but i would think the poster towers over your car too much ...
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:12 am

BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Good luck at the show, I hope you take home a shiny trophy!

P.S. Regarding the event we were trying to host, we pulled out a few weeks ago. We didnt recieve all the help we needed to pull the event off, and we had too many issues close to the show date to make it sucessfull.

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks Dro. Today was pretty crappy, hardly anyone there! most of the people walking around were other competitors and exibitors. Hopefully just because Friday and things pick up tomorrow.

To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% happy with this show :( It seems quite disorganized. Take for example the competitor passes, last year it was perfectly clear that it was a weekend pass. This year at the bottom in red it says "Valid One Day Only Free Parking" so I was like WTF? one day? So I asked one of the guys working the door if the one day was for entry or for parking. He said parking is Always free so it was one day for entry and I'd have to pay to enter the other two days. Well that didn't sit right so I went to the show office and asked one of the ladies what was up and she said "oh no thats a full weekend pass its for entry on all three days." I asked why it says valid one day only and the lady just shrugged and "says its a bit confusing huh." Yeah lady no shit....

Also I was there fairly late in the day on Thursday so things were mostly worked out for where people were parking but apparently it was quite a mess at the start of the day. I was originally supposed to be in H08, I ended up in H39 because they had to rework almost the entire floor plan.

I realise it is difficult to put on a show like this with so many logistics and planning etc etc but this just seems quite sloppy overall :( I Shall make the best of it however!!!
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 pm

setup looks pretty good, i agree some of it over powers the car a bit, huge setup and little car.

looks great though, ill see if i can find you on sunday. TTS FTW
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Yeah but I think nothing a hacksaw and a few mins cant fix for the next time : ) I basically only had one day to get it all together since they only let me know on Tuesday that I had been accepted. I think it actaully looks *a little* better in person than in the pics, because as you walk around the car the big poster is less in the way.

I'll probably be there all day Sunday so I hope I catch ya! Well, if you can find the car, today most of the lights in hall 5 were off hah was rather dark in there : )
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by twista on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Good luck Brian!

twista
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 am

I was there at around 4pm, biggest fucking waste of a $20 bill, worst even I dragged my friend along. I pretty much didn't see any tuner cars, no aftermarket tuner vendors. I payed $20 to see a bunch of old, fat balding men.
...and I didn't see a post anywhere about the r/c event being cancelled so I was even more pissed.
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Evolutional16 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Yuriy wrote:I was there at around 4pm, biggest fucking waste of a $20 bill, worst even I dragged my friend along. I pretty much didn't see any tuner cars, no aftermarket tuner vendors. I payed $20 to see a bunch of old, fat balding men.
...and I didn't see a post anywhere about the r/c event being cancelled so I was even more pissed.

seems to be the consensus from what I am hearing from others as well. I heard a lot of politics went down last minute causing things to change one of which being why I and other tuner cars I know withdrawing from the show. I was seeing some pics on FB and only tuner cars I saw were Nextmod which is pretty much everywhere and I have pretty much seen all their cars. Other than that I am a fan of all cars and haven't come across anything to stand out to me and make me say wow as of yet, hoping to see more pics from people covering as it goes on.
Evolutional16
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Yuriy wrote:I was there at around 4pm, biggest fucking waste of a $20 bill, worst even I dragged my friend along. I pretty much didn't see any tuner cars, no aftermarket tuner vendors. I payed $20 to see a bunch of old, fat balding men.

The 'tuner cars' are all the way out in hall 5 but yeah there is not a whole lot of em. I think only 2 vendors there, Garage16 and TooFast, I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them tuner vendors though.

I am still a little frustrated about the R/C thing too. Mostly just do to the lack of notice on what was going on there.

I'll post up some more of the pictures I took today.

Edit: Link to photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_vh/sets/72157633069687083/with/8583302497/
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes there was lack of notice for the RC event, but it was due to everything going to shit at the last minute. And to be honest, there was a serious lack of interest/feedback cfrom our members regarding the event as well. We reached out for feedback, and basically got nothing. So its not fair for people to complain, when it was literally 3-4 people doing ALL of the work. At least we know for future reference that we won't attempt another event, until we have a dedicated group to help from start to finish.

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

^I thought I saw a decent list of people who were willing to help out?

SubZero
"there is no cry of pain, without at its end... and echo of joy"

Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Representative/Photographer
-   ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 pm

A list is nice, but more action is needed.

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Went to this show today expecting the worst but was surprised that it was a decent show. Tons of amazing old school rides and some powerful (1000+hp cars) that were scattered throughtout the show. Then to find that the Tuner section was back this year was a huge surprise. Tons of nice cars, decent vendors and good music. And in TTS style we met up there and made it a great time. Showed some support to our TTS members who were in the show.

Brians car was there looking awesome and repping the TTS decals as well as Ali's Skyline Reppin the TTS badge.

As for the list of helpers, most of us are young and working our ass off to pay for our cars and what not. Weekends alot of us work and getting time off is not always the easiest. I know personally i can't go and take off time from work and sometimes work pops up last minute so i couldn't and i know others couldn't confirm till closer till the date. Instead of trying to run something in with another show lets just do it outside the show. Find a parking lot we can use, set up a track and do some racing. Invite others out and TTS members. Lets not do something according to someone elses rules and limititations, lets do it TTS style and do it our way. Just my 2 cents, it was a hard thing to set up most likely and this is not an event that TTS makes a big showing too. Cars are not in summer mode yet so people aren't coming out or checking the forums. The first 2 TTS meets this year, that were set up by the members, both had little turn outs but an awesome time was had.

Like i said, just my 2 cents.
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 pm

^ Well said. Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. There has been a lot of negativity in general. Even I feel things could have been better but its really nice to finally see some positive feedback : )
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Well yeah things can always be done better but where does it get you to run away putting down car shows? There are becoming less and less car shows so by boycotting and bashing the shows that are happening is just going to cause more issues.

Enjoy the shows we got i say, and if the show ain't that great, well it's still a great time with the TTS family, alot of people forget that.
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmontenegro on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 am

That was a good and honest 2 cents Andrew, at the end of the day we are still a family and we will continue to be. For this up coming season we can definitely do many events which could just be small meets, dinner, etc but doing it TTS style.

Winter was cold but still was good to see some people and we are all itching to get back up and hangout. Good weather is just around the corner.

Wish I could of gone to the show just to check it out and support the group. But congrats on those who were in the show this year!
jmontenegro
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh.fsd on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 am

went to the show it was good i liked how the az-1 was shown nice work Brian
lots of cool stuff to see thats for sure
cat motor in truck best ridiculous

im down to go rc drifting Smile
Josh.fsd
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 am

to go over what everyone is saying regarding the rc event , we have attempted a lot of different things with TTS , some worked out and some failed , it is what it is . You never know unless you try and take a risk . but things like this can get very complicated very fast and create tension when it is not needed . we are all here for the same reason and its the same reason why TTS was started in the first place . Lets keep this the hobby we all enjoy and keep business out of the picture .

from this point out we will not be attempting any more events like this , we are just going to stick to a club and club only . Stick to our roots and keep the fam tight

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 am

I have a harsh way of saying things, don't take it to heart.
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hughheff on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 pm

well said shane, were a family before anything else. shows are great for exposer and a good time for sure, but support from your fam is whats united all of these rides and peeps from all angles of the GTA

fam 1st!!

hughheff
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm

I was dragged down on Saturday afternoon for a few hours, I wasn't going to go just cause I am kind of broke and trying to fix my car at the same time, it's just being a pain in the ass right now. I saw Brian's car but I didn't see anything else TTS related? I was pretty lost though.. I get like that in busy places.. Finding my way out of a paper bag is entertainment.

I am glad you said that Shane about keeping it a hobby and not going the business route. I was with a club a few years back that turned the hobby into a business venture and it completely fell apart and I left the group for the reason of it being strictly something for profit and that is it.. I know some people can achieve a business/hobby aspect at the same time but I love TTS the way it is and even though I may not be out and about as much and attending events/meets as much as I would like too.. I still consider everyone in TTS family and will defend everyone to the end and I don't give a (f-bomb drop) what anyone says to try and deter me from TTS.
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

+1 to what was said in the posts above

its good to try to do things at events like this, like was planned. sometimes it just doesnt work out. i think its a good idea to start doing things like this again once a team of individuals who can put the time into it is assembled. but until then, being the club/fam that we are, parking lot/restaurant meets are a-ok with me

after hearing the show may be a flop i didnt wanna risk tossin $20 that id rather save.

glad to hear it did turn out to be a good show, and that the guys and gals that went had a good time still!

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum