TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing Cars into Canada

2 posters

Go down

Importing Cars into Canada Empty Importing Cars into Canada

Post by samc36 Thu May 07, 2015 11:31 am

I was looking into importing cars over here, and saw you guys share similar laws with parts of America, it's like a 25 year old or older rule or something right? I've even seen Canada, or Ontario anyway, make it difficult to register certain cars, e.g. the Ariel Atom.

Well, what do you guys think your tuner/import/car culture will go like?

There's a lot of mid-late nineties cars I haven't seen here, and Japan has some beauties. So we're talking later generation Skylines and so on.

I'm hoping to import a few cars to Ireland myself before I'm in direct competition with a load of people who can now easily import so many brilliant Japanese cars.

Let me know what ye think on the matter?
samc36
samc36
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Importing Cars into Canada Empty Re: Importing Cars into Canada

Post by ruckusx2 Sat May 09, 2015 1:47 am

in canada to import from japan the car has to be 15yrs old (for the u.s. it's 25yrs)
(later this year and all next year we can import the '99/'00 r34gtr skyline)
-then you will have to find ins for it & the rates might be high & for sure they will be if your under 25yrs old.(Ontario hates rhd cars & only a handful of ins co. will insure a rhd car anymore).
-at the dmv ull have to put the car on the "Exception List" for the vin being so short to get the sticker for your plates.
this is what we have to do to get a skyline on the roads here at least. :(

ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by samc36 Sat May 09, 2015 1:50 am

Interesting, I've seen a few nice rhd pulsar gtir s and stuff here, even a starlet glanza. R34 skyline, phew dream car, I'd love the 4 door even. I'm mad to get a late Spirit R FD RX-7 even though I know its a money pit. Bout 8500 euro to Ireland, then slap a tonne of charges and insurance and stuff on
samc36
samc36
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down