TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

rrm piggy ecu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 pm

before anyone even coments on wires , it has nothing to do with that , i cant figure out how to get the black metal cover off that covers one of the harnesses , the bolts are welded on and the heads are just round so i dont know whatto do , rrm didnt really offer any good advice since they arnt here to actually see it


Last edited by Infamous on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by preston_nfs on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Wow that sucks… but I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to do. Is it just one of those little covers you put over the end of an adapter to prevent damage and dirt getting into it when its not in use?

preston_nfs
TTS VIP

Location : Toronto, ON
Age : 31
Join date : 2010-03-26
Posts : 495

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm




_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:09 pm

its that black metal cover , problem is those silver heads u see are round and there is no bolt or allen key pattern , nothing

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by preston_nfs on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 pm

So you need to remove that to get at the harness? How the heck would you do that?

preston_nfs
TTS VIP

Location : Toronto, ON
Age : 31
Join date : 2010-03-26
Posts : 495

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 pm

dunno , but u can clearly see in the pic there are 2 harnesses , and one is under that cover

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by preston_nfs on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Can you get your fingers up inside and pull it?

preston_nfs
TTS VIP

Location : Toronto, ON
Age : 31
Join date : 2010-03-26
Posts : 495

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 pm

nope , there is a piece you have to pull all the way back to unhook the harness , and it wont go back cuz the cover is in the way

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by preston_nfs on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Sounds like its time to bring out the grinder and grind off the heads.

preston_nfs
TTS VIP

Location : Toronto, ON
Age : 31
Join date : 2010-03-26
Posts : 495

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:01 pm

E-mail RRM, they say it's an easy install so something must be missing here...

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 am

so i had to grind the bolts off to get at the ecu

install time 30 mins

time to take the cover off 1 hr Laughing

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Infamous wrote:so i had to grind the bolts off to get at the ecu

install time 30 mins

time to take the cover off 1 hr Laughing

LOLZ! Any difference yet?

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by rontam90 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:48 pm

yeah curious to see what gains this 🐷 will yield
avatar
rontam90
TTS VIP

Location : North York
Join date : 2009-09-27
Posts : 1239

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

well i was pretty happy when i left kc last night getting on the hwy

2nd gear pulls pretty good now , no lag at all

could feel the tq steer alot so thats good , and it seems to get rid of most the bottom lag before you hit the mivec , im not sure what the piggy alone would do , but when combined with what i already have its forsure a good mod , no cel , idel is the same as stock , no issues at all , rrm did a good job on this product forsure ,

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Glad to hear!

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by hdrasta on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:20 pm

nice
avatar
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Location : whitby
Age : 33
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 839

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by TOUGE MASTA on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 pm

ILL GETONE FOR MY CAR
avatar
TOUGE MASTA
TTS Moderator

Location : Ajax
Age : 30
Join date : 2010-03-07
Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 am

gundum wrote:ILL GETONE FOR MY CAR


STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS!!!

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by rontam90 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am

Infamous wrote:well i was pretty happy when i left kc last night getting on the hwy

2nd gear pulls pretty good now , no lag at all

could feel the tq steer alot so thats good , and it seems to get rid of most the bottom lag before you hit the mivec , im not sure what the piggy alone would do , but when combined with what i already have its forsure a good mod , no cel , idel is the same as stock , no issues at all , rrm did a good job on this product forsure ,

i agree with everything you said but shane, how can torque steer be good?!?!?!
avatar
rontam90
TTS VIP

Location : North York
Join date : 2009-09-27
Posts : 1239

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 pm

rontam90 wrote:
Infamous wrote:well i was pretty happy when i left kc last night getting on the hwy

2nd gear pulls pretty good now , no lag at all

could feel the tq steer alot so thats good , and it seems to get rid of most the bottom lag before you hit the mivec , im not sure what the piggy alone would do , but when combined with what i already have its forsure a good mod , no cel , idel is the same as stock , no issues at all , rrm did a good job on this product forsure ,

i agree with everything you said but shane, how can torque steer be good?!?!?!

On a torqueless car, the sign of torque steer is a good thing!

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by rontam90 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:39 pm

i think what shane means is he felt more torque, as opposed to torque steer. torque steer was one of the reasons why i got rid of my Type S, every time i give it hard throttle it would pull my car to one side, especially if I'm giving a gd amount of throttle when cornering, it nearly fucked my shit up several occasions.

torque steer is usually an undesirable trait in FWD cars...
avatar
rontam90
TTS VIP

Location : North York
Join date : 2009-09-27
Posts : 1239

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Hydrolikz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

rontam90 wrote:i think what shane means is he felt more torque, as opposed to torque steer. torque steer was one of the reasons why i got rid of my Type S, every time i give it hard throttle it would pull my car to one side, especially if I'm giving a gd amount of throttle when cornering, it nearly fucked my shit up several occasions.

torque steer is usually an undesirable trait in FWD cars...


I think everyone here is smart enough to know what he means...

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate Vice President

"Get Tuned, Stay Tuned"
avatar
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Location : Low To The Ground
Age : 104
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 4272

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Infamous on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Hydrolikz wrote:
rontam90 wrote:i think what shane means is he felt more torque, as opposed to torque steer. torque steer was one of the reasons why i got rid of my Type S, every time i give it hard throttle it would pull my car to one side, especially if I'm giving a gd amount of throttle when cornering, it nearly fucked my shit up several occasions.

torque steer is usually an undesirable trait in FWD cars...


I think everyone here is smart enough to know what he means...

Laughing i just seen this now , ron im sure u know what i mean

_____________________________________
Toronto Tuner Syndicate - Founder-President
Get tuned stay tuned - since 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Location : GTA
Age : 32
Join date : 2009-09-26
Posts : 7340

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: rrm piggy ecu

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum