TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Idea

2 posters

Go down

Forum Idea Empty Forum Idea

Post by Juice Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Not sure I like this, but came across an interesting forum feature.
I joined a forum yesterday and I could only see four sections (News/Rules/Introduce Yourself/Announcements) ... I was thinking wtf is wrong w/ this site? I signed up and logged in ... today I checked it and I can see all the other sections.
Brainstorm.
Allow access to new members, with a notice saying they have to introduce themselves within 24hrs. After 24hrs, if they haven't introduced themselves, they will have limited access ... until they introduce themselves.
Not sure how difficult something like that would be to implement (sounds tricky to me), but maybe something along those lines to keep the lurkers out?
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Forum Idea Empty Re: Forum Idea

Post by Infamous Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 pm

good idea but alot of work , i would have to re do the whole forum layout

we thought of doing something like that before , but the way the forum is laid out is in 3 forums , tts,sponsors/vendors/market places , they are all 3 seperate forums , then everything in those are sub forums , to display one or 2 sub forums you would have to display the whole forum to guests , which is why we only allow guests to see sponsors/vendors ,

now we could do that but then i would have to get rid of the 3 forums and make it all one forum and you would have a long list of sub forums and would have to scroll down the page to see everything , so instead of the 3 you see when you log in , everything would be listed , we had it like that before but went the way of the 3 forums to organize things a bit better , not sure if im making sense , i mean if thats what everyone wants it could happen but it wouldnt happen over night and everything would have to be re done ,
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 pm

there is also only so much you can do to get rid of lurkers , if someone is serious they will just make fake shit anyways , you already have to register to get access ,

one thing i do want to do is to add more things when you register that you have to fill out ,

like ride/make/model/ etc , as it is right now its just ride , and when we notice someone doesent fill it out they get deleted right away , i made a post about this a while ago but no one responded , so i seen it as no one cares ,
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum