TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help understanding Accusump!

3 posters

Go down

Help understanding Accusump! Empty Help understanding Accusump!

Post by 10seckid Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:58 am

hey folks,

Trying to figure out how an Accusump works...and what I require to plumb it in. I know what its supposed to do...but where does it fit into the cars oil system and how does it do what it does?

Cheers
N
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/10seckid

Back to top Go down

Help understanding Accusump! Empty Re: Help understanding Accusump!

Post by Zero Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:43 pm

it maintains oil pressure - helps prevent loss of the pressure during 'oil sloshing' and what not (Oil sloshing can leave the oil pump pickup uncovered)

the accusump maintains an oil reserve, so if the oil flow to the engine gets interrupted - it releases some.

charging
Help understanding Accusump! Chargi10

Discharging
Help understanding Accusump! Discha10

Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm

So in the diagram where you have it t'ing into system...where is that T point? and how does it know when oil flow to the engine has been disruppted inorder to discharge? I get the logic I just don't know where the lines would attach too:S
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm

I'd imagine the T point could be different in every car =/

the cars computer should be monitoring the flow through the pump, when there is low pressure/flow passing through the pump the computer would switch to the reserve in the accusump

I'm not too sure about the placing of the accusump, or where it connects to the cars oil system, you may have to ask a dealer or... someone with a mechanics licences
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:00 am

I want to say contents are under pressure inside the reservor but don't quote me on that...if that is the case then the moment line pressure drops below the pressure coming from the reservor...the reservor would push out into the system until line pressure is reestablished by the factory pick up....makes sense in my head just need to figure out where on earth it all goes!

Thanks for your help let's see if I can get one before next season and try avoid another engine rebuild....praying for 15,000kms before next rebuild.
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:22 am

^ that is somewhat accurate. You will need a check valve in the line leading out of your oil pump, so when the pressure drops, the oil doesnt get pushed back towards your oil pump.

The setup is different on every car.
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

did a bunch of reading and it seems the easiest way is to run a sandwhich plate adapter before the filter...hopefully this will work with mine!
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum