TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car

+12
fatflyguy
DJHaose
preston_nfs
Mike
FoxRacer
Hydrolikz
ruckusx2
just G
Evo_Ken
hdrasta
Infamous
rontam90
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car Empty 3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car

Post by rontam90 Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 pm

now that my toys are in storage i am pretty effin' bored. thought i'd start a topic to tide me over from missing them too much.

this should be fun: post THREE things you love most about your car, and THREE things you absolutely hate.

Honda S2000 AP1

Love:

i - 6 speed gearbox: the smoothest manual transmission I have ever shifted, period. the gearbox has incredible short throws and shifts smoother than butter. anyone who has ever shifted a S2000 will most definitely recognize this fact. Honda makes beautiful gearboxes I'll give them that

ii - 9000RPM engine: now i admit, its very rare that i rev past 5000rpm under daily driving, but when I do decide to push it, this mere little two litre 4 cylinder is one hell of an engine, especially when vtec engages around 5800. this engine takes the beating when you rev the sh!t outta it, and it doesnt seem to mind at all.

iii - drop top: those of you that know me, know I drive around top down no matter how cold it is. 30 degrees or 3 degrees, top down ALWAYS. . There is no doubt, whatever comes next after the S2000, I will make damn sure the top comes off.

Hate:

i - Impractical Powerband: because peak power for the engine comes in very late (some 6000rpm), it makes the acceleration power under daily driving conditions (especially with traffic) extremely weak. Also compromises straight line acceleration.

ii - Harshness of Ride: this car rides incredibly stiff even in factory settings (i.e. stock). can feel every bump on the roads and makes driving in toronto downtown a daunting task to say the least. this forces me to be very alert to the road conditions and makes avoiding potholes compulsory. can be stressful at times!

iii - Poor stereo quality: Honda makes it very clear with the s2000 that luxuries, like the stereo system, were not high in priority when they put the car together. The sound quality is average at best, and this is evident throughout all model years of the S2000. It is one of the heaviest criticisms of this model. I would add a sound system if it didn't compromise handling - I'm just not a fan of added weight.
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car Empty Re: 3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:41 am

whoa so long.

(+)
1) led headlight
2) both ext. and int.
3) awd

(-)
1) sunroof only tilts, doesn't slide.
2) a bit slow for its looks
3) too quiet

Back to top Go down

3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car Empty Re: 3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car

Post by Infamous Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 pm

im sure mine will match most people and their lancers

love

looks
handeling
sound

hate

power/acceleration
cheap paint
why they didnt extand the lip kit all the way to the back , wtf!!!
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by hdrasta Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Infamous wrote:im sure mine will match most people and their lancers

love

looks
handeling
sound

hate

power/acceleration
cheap paint
why they didnt extand the lip kit all the way to the back , wtf!!!

i agree with past models the lancer should have more power/acceleration and all should have awd like the higher models and if they compete with subaru they should incorperate awd in all models. paint sucks period, I was thinking of just getting a cover overlay like the CF stuff just to cover it up. shane yes they should have extended the lip... that was a stupid move from Mit.

All in all I like the car I got but not with 50% of the features it has.
hdrasta
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Ken Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:22 pm

love:
GRIP
AWD Acceleration
Sound the turbo makes while spooling

hate:
having to do 6 point turns
first gear is kinda short
cant look for cops out the back cuz the spolier gets in the way Laughing.
Evo_Ken
Evo_Ken
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:16 pm

love -

low end torque
6-spd tranny
handling (RWD FTW!!!!) Very Happy

hate -

cup holders (worst positioning ever!)
no sound from the stock exhaust
interior is kinda plain. miss having a navi! :(
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

+
everything about my car

-
nothing about my car (well cracks in the paint by my fenders)
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Lol, ruckus is in love with his car.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Hydrolikz wrote:Lol, ruckus is in love with his car.

Laughing i'd screw my exaust ..if i could.. but it gets a little to hot for me Laughing
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am

Lmao, just hose it down a little so it will be Hot+Wet! Laughing!
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car Empty my car

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:12 pm

I love everything about my car, what I hate is that I can't find an aftermarket rear kit for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 pm

(+)
1) projectors
2) lowered
3) sounds nice

(-)
1) slow
2) n/a
3) 4dr wagon.

Last edited by dearthpika on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : testing sig)

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:11 pm

^ why did you buy the wagon??
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:20 pm

The matrix only comes as a wagon/hatch...
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 pm

oops, thought he was the guy with the lancer hatch. my bad.

shane can we include a field under our profile thats says what we drive. kinda hard to remember screen names and what car ppl drive.
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:35 pm

guess people can just put it in their sig till i figure out if i can or can not add that
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Laughing i bought the wagon cause of the room and such and ya it only came as a 4dr in canada in europe its also in a 2dr s/c but i bought on because not many people do anything with them Very Happy

Last edited by dearthpika on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 pm

True, yours is the first one i've seen that I liked. All the other ones just have the factory-kit if anything, and at least you still have the option to get one of the factory SC's.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:15 am

indeed, and next season i might have a different front im actually not sure yet Smile

but we shall see Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxRacer Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

love

1) 6 speed tranny
2) incredible low end tq
3) auto x suspenion comes stock

hate

1) open deck motor (floating)
2) lack of aftermarket parts espiecally for N/A power
3) tq steer is INSANE!/solid rear suspension instead of 4 point independent suspension.
FoxRacer
FoxRacer
TTS VIP

http://www.foxdetailing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Love
- styling
- handling
- warranty lololol

Hate
- the HUGE SUV like gap on stock springs Laughing
- lack of power
- outward visibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Well

+Turbo
+Handling
+Cheapness

-its a neon
-it looks like a beetle from the front
-Neons have a "ricer" wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

It's true about the ricer thing, you will get no respect from most tuners until you blow their doors off! 3 things you LOVE and 3 things you HATE about your car Icon_twisted
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxRacer Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 pm

even still wont get much respect...cuz lets face it...under that impressive turbo...its a neon Laughing

respect though
FoxRacer
FoxRacer
TTS VIP

http://www.foxdetailing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

until i put it in an evo...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next