TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blue Thing Died.

+9
Hydrolikz
rontam90
BrianV
hughheff
just G
Nemex6
Zero
Juice
thebluething
13 posters

Go down

The Blue Thing Died.  Empty The Blue Thing Died.

Post by thebluething Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 pm

So three weeks ago Dave and I bought a car for me to drive. We got a 2008 Pontiac G5. I brought it out to one of the meets and to the car show we had at the dealership. This is what it looked like.

The Blue Thing Died.  Car110

On Wednesday morning, I was driving to work in Toronto from Uxbridge. I was on the 401 going Westbound in the collectors lane. I was in the left hand lane minding my own business when someone 2 lanes over started to merge into the centre lane. From there they started to come into my lane. I went off into the shoulder a bit over the "wake me up" bumps and honked my horn. From there I tried to merge back into my lane. Apparently I wasn't allowed to do that. The car hit my front end sending me off the highway into the left shoulder causing me to play bumper cars with the cement side rails. After bouncing a bit my front driver's side tire popped forcing my car to a stop. Front and back fenders, both suspensions, tire and transmission popped.

This is what my 3 week old car looks like now.

The Blue Thing Died.  All_go10
The Blue Thing Died.  Broken10
The Blue Thing Died.  Brokke10
The Blue Thing Died.  Car_br10
The Blue Thing Died.  Car_br11
The Blue Thing Died.  Car_br12
The Blue Thing Died.  Car_de10
The Blue Thing Died.  Carr_b10
The Blue Thing Died.  Cr_bro10
The Blue Thing Died.  Dead_c10
The Blue Thing Died.  Poor_c10

Needless to say with the amount of damage done to the car compared to how much the car is/was worth it's a write off.

So my 3 week old car is dead to the world and I have to go shopping for another car. I have to say buying your first car and buying your second car don't feel the same... Even if they are only 3 weeks apart. Thinking about getting a bigger car this time.. Something like an SUV... Fun times. -.-

thebluething
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

The Blue Thing Died.  Empty Re: The Blue Thing Died.

Post by Juice Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Wow ... glad you're okay. Totally sucks ... 3-weeks?
Did you get any details of the car that drove you off? I think it's hunting time!
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 pm

oh....christ sarah, that sucks balls

my advice, get an SUV or a charger (sedan).... and get some crash bar....things, bitches won't fuck with you xD

Last edited by Zero on Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluething Fri May 04, 2012 10:39 pm

hahaha thanks!!! I'm considering the Pontiac Torrent... It's pretty nice... Bigger than a car but not too big.. Looked pretty nice when I saw it today. We are going tomorrow morning to talk to the dealer about it.. try and get the price lowered and work out financing and stuff. Hopefully it works out. I'd feel a lot better in an SUV than a car for the next little while.

thebluething
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Sat May 05, 2012 3:49 am

omg that sucks!! Their are such horrible drivers out on the roads these days. Glad to hear you are alright though and nothing more serious happened... Sorry to hear about your brand new car. :(
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluething Sat May 05, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks Smile Yeah, some people are real jerks. Didn't even stick around! Just took off! the blue thing is dead... but Dave and I went looking at cars today and I may get a big white SUV this time Smile So I'm pretty excited...

thebluething
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 am

sorry to hear about this but if you need a new or any used car, let me know. I will be able to help you out!
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hughheff Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 am

holly shit!!! how the hell did that cause your tranny to go ?!

that shit CRAY !!!

those pics have brought tears. hope u got a liscence plate dat shit wud sooo not be comin outta my pocket! someones gotta pay.

The Blue Thing Died.  1100275680

hughheff
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Looks to me like those scratches will buff right out, but you probably need to replace at least one hubcap....

That really sucks though :( Thats the sort of thing that really scares me driving my little car on the highway. I'd be pushing up daisies if that happened to me. Good that you didn't get hurt! Any chance you got a licence plate or something to find the bugger that did it? At least you are okay, thats the most important part!

Good luck on the new vehicle. I'd recommend an H1 Laughing
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by rontam90 Sat May 05, 2012 2:24 pm

insurance covering it?
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Sat May 05, 2012 4:15 pm

That's wack! I hate poorly skilled drivers, they mess it up for people that actually deserve their licences.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluething Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks for all the support guys! Unfortunately, as they were driving away I was hitting a cement guard rail, so I didn't have any time to get a license plate and neither he nor anyone else stopped to make sure I was okay or anything.. so unless camera's on the 401 manage to catch them then no, they will probably never get caught for it.

As for the car, when I hit the guard rail my driver's side tire bent inwards and punctured the tranny causing it to leak all of the transmission fluid all over the side of the road. From what we saw and what the collision lady saw before looking under the car there was about 5500-7500 $$ worth of damage. Once they looked under the car the confirmed it was closer to $8000 in repairs that needed to be done, and at that point the repairs cost almost as much as what I paid for the car. So it just got written off and because it got written off nothing is really coming out of my pocket at all. We got enough money to almost break even on the car, and I went back to the same dealership since they were so friendly and helpful the first time and they said for loyalty purposes and shit they will give us a second check to cover what ever is left to be paid on the first car so we can start fresh with the second car.

After looking at a bunch of cars, I think we are leaning towards the Pontiac Torrent... Big engine, not HORRIBLE on gas, it's a pretty big vehicle, nice interior... so it looks like that may be my next car if everything goes to plan.

thebluething
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Sat May 05, 2012 9:11 pm

shitty this happened ...but glad your ok Smile
i had a guy like that on 401 2 months ago did same thing to me as what happened to you .but i never crashed i challanged him back and got my lane back (2 of us were in fast laneside by side)& he got my kids tonka truck throw'n at his drivers window(smashed) & 3 ashtrays tossed @ his winshield(cracked).im still pissed he drove away with my kids toy metal tonka truck in his car.Laughing.... long story short next time i said to my self ill just follow the guy till he stops then ill fux him up. cause my guy ended up taking off from me & i couldnt catch him & i wasnt done with him eather.
i hope you like your new ride when it comes Smile
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluething Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 pm

hahahha that's awesome! Definitely made me laugh! I hope everything goes well with the new ride and we get approved and insurance isn't too bad so that everything falls into place and I'll be good to go by Wednesday.

thebluething
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Sorry to hear about the incident, but glad to hear that you are alright. Best of luck with the new car.
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 am

most important thing is that your ok , cars they come and go , and idiots well its a small world Mad
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm

hope the new car does well for you!
people like that get whats coming to them eventually (at least id like to think so). its disgraceful running someone off the road like that and driving away.

but, on the brighter side you'll have another new car to mess around with! haha

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down