TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAX Rotors Canada

4 posters

Go down

MAX Rotors Canada Empty MAX Rotors Canada

Post by jfrzy Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I was browsing Ebay for some good deals, and came across some zinc plated rotors. The brand is Max, and they offer cross-drilled/slotted in silver, gold and black zinc-plated. They're based out of Richmond Hill so I can pick them up locally, but I can't find much information on them.

Here's the website, has anyone used them, any good reviews?

http://www.maxrotors.com/

jfrzy
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

MAX Rotors Canada Empty Re: MAX Rotors Canada

Post by Infamous Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:20 pm

havnt heard anything before , if you find any reviews post em up , im curious about these
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jfrzy Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:45 pm

So I bought a set of these about a month ago and have had them on the car for about a week and a half now. I've put them through around 500km of driving, both city and highway. I've also had to perform some sudden stops since I installed them. Overall thoughts are positive.

I went with the black zinc-coated, cross-drilled and slotted rotors. Price for a 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 for front and rear rotors along with ceramic pads was $299+tax. Rotors are warrantied for two years against cracks, warps, etc.

I knew going into it that the black zinc coating would get rubbed off my the pads at the point of contact. I was okay with this because at least the hats, slots and all other areas where the pads don't touch would retain the coating and not rust. I hate the look of rusted rotors.

The first few stops were brutal, but this was due to the coating wearing off and the pads not being able to get a good bite. Braking returned to "normal" after about 20k and a couple hard stops. The braking is silent, smooth and rotors look great. Once I get some braided stainless steel lines and Hawk HPS pads, the sponginess in my breaking will be greatly diminished and it'll be even better than it is now.

Best part is, my brakes no longer squeal like they dod before.

jfrzy
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:45 am

Great little write up thanks for the input here.

Been looing for new rotors for a while now
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer87 Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks for the insight - yeah brakes and rotors might have to go in before I park her so thats awesome, plus their local.

Spencer87
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum