TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Binbrook spot check....not impressed, take action

+10
Yuriy
Nemex6
rontam90
phuknrht
ruckusx2
s_moneh
Infamous
Josh.fsd
Hydrolikz
Boosted BigBird
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Binbrook spot check....not impressed, take action - Page 2 Empty Re: Binbrook spot check....not impressed, take action

Post by Yuriy Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 pm

high-flow cat! gogogo!
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Binbrook spot check....not impressed, take action - Page 2 Empty Re: Binbrook spot check....not impressed, take action

Post by ruckusx2 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

ya i hear that bigbird but that that a waste of a $450. testpipe :( screw it end of yr it gose back on when the cat blows.
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah thats true. I remember when i blocked up my cat. Drove to the muffler shop with no exhaust attached to the turbo. Was AWESOME!
Boosted BigBird
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryo_AWD Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm

personally i believe everyone has posted some great points and everyone of them should be heard, i also believe that talking to the chief of police or the mayor or some other people in power will do very little. If you want to make a difference and make it known NOW and QUICKER we need to make this voice loud and by doing that is simply media. newspapers news casts, internet what ever it takes to make other people that have no idea about what happend aware that "they" tell us to go to the track and keep it off the streets are all gung-ho about keeping the streets safe are blocking us from getting there and by doing this are drawing everyone back into the streets. ive gotten more and more angry with this and ready to do something about this, i will be speaking to a few lawyers about this and see if there is anything they can do to help this just isnt right. to everyone out there reading this please continue doing the right thing and stay safe. continue doing things the TTS way.
ryo_AWD
ryo_AWD
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe TDI Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:49 pm

got one of my friends that goes to mcmaster to get a bunch of the people from there to voice this in hamilton since thats mostly whats causing it.

should help hopefully

i didnt get stopped but its still major bullshit. cops complain about street racing yet make it hard for people that want to race to make it to a place where they can do it safely

and on top of that its just a pure money grab, and a way for all these worthless shits to make their quota for the month

cops always complain that a lot of society has no respect or appreciation for the police well its because of stupid low blow stunts like these
Joe TDI
Joe TDI
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe TDI Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 pm

rontam90 wrote:It's definitely daunting that Ontario police seem to be out to get tuners / car enthusiasts. I'm not sure why exactly this is the case, but there seems to be a deep-rooted (hate?) vs. the car culture in general here... noticed this since I moved to Toronto back in 2006 (and Ive been told it's been goin on for much longer than that). Which is strange because I have friends in other Canadian Cities namely Vancouver and MTL that say the cops in general are pretty lax about car enthusiasts / won't give them a hard time UNLESS you're breaking the law. Here in Toronto, even when driving in a respectable manner + following all the rules they will still hassle you for reasons like: improper muffler / car too low / not running cat etc etc which would otherwise go unnoticed in other jurisdictions

So why is this the case?

- Is it because Toronto (and Ontario in general) have a long history with illegal street racing resulting in a high death count?

- Is it because of the negative image tuners have on the society? In relationship with drugs / violence / gangs etc.? (I call this the Fast n Furious effect)

- Do tuners (majority / minority) drive like idiots on public roads which draw unwanted attention?

- Are modified cars posing a threat to public roads (i.e. car so low it's causing sparks to fly) OR the environment? (i.e. mufflers spitting flames... no cats causing pollution etc.)

The above are NOT facts but rather questions we as a community should ask ourselves and prioritize. Figure out a way to demonstrate to the PUBLIC that they are infact false, or if true (which i know some are... for example a lot, and I don't mean to target Honda enthusiasts but for some reason a lot of civic drivers drive like idiots on highways and want to race anyone with a "sporty" car.) How to fix the problem.

thing is they stop so many cars sayuing they are poluting to much
yet look at my car or any diesel pickup truck etc
a lot of them pour out black smoke and MTO seems to be doing nothing about that

the low part shouldnt matter to the city or anyone. seriously oh wow so a car scapes and causes sparks does it matter, essentially its going to be the owner of the car to pay when they break the oil pan or something

but majority of the public are to ignorant and stupid to listen to our side
the police and media have already made tuners out to be the bad guys so the rest of society will look at our side as lies and that we are just trying to be criminals.

honestly one of the best ways to solve this would be for us all to go out to the area again and protest civilly so that nothing can be done against us.
if all the pot heads in this city can get together a huge weed march as a protest I'm sure all us tuners could get together a protest of the same sort about how this isnt fair for us to be stopped etc when we are trying to help keep the streets safe by bringing the racing to a track instead of on the streets
Joe TDI
Joe TDI
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 am

great points guys .but protest ..i donno about that ..we all seen what they do to protesters ..Laughing rember the G20 hahaha"jok'n"
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe TDI Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Lmao ya but that was uncivil protesting.

If we did it civily they can't do anything. And if they do we have even more the reason to complain
Joe TDI
Joe TDI
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by EJ1_B16a2 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 am

this isnt the first time this has happened. mto and police have done this around the TMP for years now. be careful when going to the track and find alternate routes.
EJ1_B16a2
EJ1_B16a2
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 am

ya alternate routs to track.. my rout to track now should be back n forth on 401. its a faster track then cayuga anywayz & i never got a ticket on there. Smile Laughing jkz
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by asteroid Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:31 pm

You just have to be faster than the guy behind you ;)
asteroid
asteroid
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:05 pm

^^ hahaha
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2