TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!!

2 posters

Go down

ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!! Empty ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!!

Post by rontam90 Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:00 am

TAKUMI WILL BE PROUD!

ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!! Ms2009_015-620op

From autoblog.com:

Toyota's President Akio Toyoda has said that Toyota is in desperate need of an excitement injection, and here's the first dose: the Toyota FT-86 Concept.

Inspired by the Corolla-based AE86 sports coupe of the '80s, the FT-86 concept was designed by the automaker's ED2 styling studio in France and bears a remarkable resemblance to the FT-HS concept shown at the Detroit Auto Show several years back.

Unfortunately, Toyota hasn't released much information about the FT-86's platform, but we do know that it's powered by a Subaru-derived 2.0-liter boxer four sending power to the rear wheels. Toyota focused on keeping the weight down to improve handling and, according to one source, the platform is unique to the concept. The engine sits lower in the engine bay to aid aerodynamics while keeping the center of gravity in check, and the overall dimensions are 163.78 inches long and 69.29 inches wide, with a wheelbase of 50.78 inches.

After the FT-86 bows in concept form at the Tokyo Motor Show next month, the production model will be shown sometime next year with sales beginning sometime in late 2011 with a sticker somewhere north of $20,000.

Read and view full gallery here: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/06/toyko-2009-preview-toyota-ft-86-concept-brings-back-the-hachiro/#continued

======================================================================================================

I personally love the look the moment I saw these pics. I am glad they kept it as a hatch and not change it to a coupe, keeping the spirit of the 86 intact. With subaru's boxer engine and RWD, I already foresee this car to be the next hit. Hats off to Toyota for creating a car like this, Honda needs to sit up and pay attention.

If the production version is anything like it, I'll gladly trade my 2K for this thing.
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!! Empty Re: ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:40 pm

^+1 to that. This is quite a looker...

Liked it as soon as i opened this thread Laughing

Back to top Go down

ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!! Empty Re: ALAS! long overdue "hachiroku" TOYOTA's Trueno AE86 successor!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am

looks like a genesis coupe LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:54 am

^^ ^
Laughing it looks alot BETTER than a genesis coupe imho

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinsanity Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 pm

the front just reminds me a bit of a ferrari, forgot which model tho
Vinsanity
Vinsanity
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinsanity Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:39 pm

o ya...the body kinda looks like some jags too
not bad for a trueno successor
Vinsanity
Vinsanity
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum