TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention!

5 posters

Go down

Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention! Empty Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention!

Post by Evo_Ken Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Someone posted this on my FB. Crazy video. Had a very close call this weekend on my way back from the cottage so this really hit home. I can honestly say that if i wasnt in the Evo this may have been very different.
Long story short, going 90kmh on a 2 lane, guy slowing down coming the other way. I could tell that him and his girl where looking for something cuz he was pointing. Guess he found the place he was looking for and he just turned right across my lane without even looking, just casually turning. He didnt see me at all. I was able to dart across to his lane and keep the car in control. Split second thing. Ass had no idea what could have just happened.

Some of the stuff is graphic, mix of real and fake vids but it gets the point across.
Pay attention when your driving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFE-ZJmxJKQ
Evo_Ken
Evo_Ken
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention! Empty Re: Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention!

Post by Juice Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

wow dude! glad you're okay!!
I know my little bump last week could've been a lot worse.
Couple years back I saw a porsche at the side of the highway when I was comming back from Montreal. All that was left was a smoldering body of the car. My cousin and I had played with the idea of renting a porsche for that trip too ...

That video was pretty intense. This stuff could happen to anyone at any time. Serious stuff guys. Please drive safe.
Thanks for sharing that with us Ken.
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention! Empty Re: Please Drive Safe and Pay Attention!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:47 am

Geez Ken you really know how to make someone cry 😢
But yes that was intense, but like we say here save it for the track!

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:23 pm

ken i was in a situation like yours before , only difference was i was the ass and i paid for it , was going too fast at night in the rain and switching lanes ,last time i looked i was doing 170-180 on the 401 , i switched over to the slow lane cuz i had a bad feeling i was trying to get off , i look down at my phone and then look up and a dump truck is right in front of me , i had no time to react , and just smashed right into the rear of the truck , i almost went under it , lucky for me the tires are so big , i think the tires and my air bags are what saved my life ,

that situation play in my head so much after that , what if it wasnt a dump truck i hit , what if it was a bike , or another car , and i sent the car into traffic , what if i had someone with me and they got hurt , lucky for me i have taken some beatings in my life so i was able to walk away from it , but all the what if's played in my head and in a bad situation i think the best result came from it , it forsure change the way i drive and made me have respect for others on the road , wish it never happened but im happy it did cuz i needed it to wake my ass up

i have seen alot of things like that video in real life , my grandfather was killed by a drunk driver, hit and drag behind the car , my mom was hit by a drunk driver , lucky she made it , think the worst thing i ever seen was a lady get smoked while waiting at the bus stop , and while on the hood of the car the driver tore through the bust stop and then smashed her into a tree , worst part is her son watched all this happen from his apartment that was right behind the bus stop.... and the list goes on
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm

holy fuck man, this shit freaks me outt!! it is soooooooooooo IMPORTANT to pay attention when ur driving!! There is a crap load of idiots out there! I also know a couple people who were killed by car drivers. cars are pretty much like weapons if used incorrectly.

thank god nothing happened with you; Ken, Juice and infamous!

i've always payed a lot more attention and made sure i don't make rash decisions when i drive now after the two accidents i have been in.

SAFE DRIVING TTS MEMBERS!
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm

When someone gets in my car that never has, I give them 3 simple rules to follow..

A. If I tell you to stop doing something, STOP.
I have no problems pulling over and kicking you out of the car for flailing around, acting like an ass, or being distracting.

B. Don't block my view.
Get comfy, it is good at being a comfy car, but if you put your feet on the dash, I can't see my side mirror through your legs. If I can't see, it's your side of the car, how safe do you want to be? Your feet WILL get lopped off if the airbag (. god forbid and knock on wood .) goes off.. So why are your feet on my dash anyways?

C. It's my ride, and I'm in control of it. I go to a track to push the limits on my car, so I know what it can, and what it can't do. I do this on a track, NEVER on the road. If you want to complain about how I drive, take a cab. I do things because some situations call for it, not because I'm trying to "show off"

The BBC ran most of those commercials, and be it fake, they do a DAMN good job at getting their point across. If you drive like an asshole, you will hurt, or kill yourself, or worse, others.
And trust me when they say you are fucked from then on out.

If you need to scream down the road over 130, you should have left earlier.

Drive safe guys..

Back to top Go down

Post by hdrasta Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:13 pm

funny thing about paying attention... a woman was driving her car... I was watching her the whole time... proceeds to change lanes without checking if there was a car in the lane, faild to check blind spot. and had her head resting on her hand like she was chillin on the couch or something. meanwhile as I change into the same lane she proceeds to do the same and thus me honking at her to WAKE HER UP. then looking at me like I did something wrong!

remember to pay attention to others while on the road!
hdrasta
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:15 pm

^^^ thats just it , you could be the best driver out there , but all it takes is one person to do somethin stupid and then your fucked , the amount of retards out there makes me wonder how they pass these fuckers on the tests
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by hdrasta Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Infamous wrote:^^^ thats just it , you could be the best driver out there , but all it takes is one person to do somethin stupid and then your fucked , the amount of retards out there makes me wonder how they pass these fuckers on the tests

you and me both... I see lots of stupid drivers out there. I think the same thing "How the hell did you get you license."

oh and remember USE YOUR SIGNALS WHEN CHANGING LANES!!!!!!!!
hdrasta
hdrasta
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm

They pratice how to pass.. head on a swivel, check blind spots.. after they pass, they forget ALL of that..

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm

hdrasta wrote: USE YOUR SIGNALS WHEN CHANGING LANES!!!!!!!!

you have no idea how much this irks me!! Whenever I see someone lane change w/out using their signal, I want to get out of my car, walk up to theirs, reach in and rip off their turn signal control ... because they're obviously not using it. Plus how hard is it to flick your finger? How damn lazy can you be?!?
Seriously ... this isn't HK where if you use your turn signal, the guy behind you in the next lane won't pull up to make sure you don't get in (never been, but saw that on a show ...). If I'm driving and some dude REALLY needs to get in, sometimes its super obvious because they get close to the car in front of me and slow down ... and to be cautious, i'll slow down in anticipation ... but all he/she needs to do is use their turn signal an voila! No more angry Juice wanting to rip out your turn signals!! Very Happy People are generally nice and if you signal, they're more likely to let you in than if you just try to nudge your way in or cut someone off.

Ugh ... and honestly, not using turn signals bugs me so much that when I forget to use them, I get mad at myself. No jokes.
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

I burned out both front signals in just over a year.. Yeah, I used them a lot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Ken Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Infamous wrote:^^^ thats just it , you could be the best driver out there , but all it takes is one person to do somethin stupid and then your fucked , the amount of retards out there makes me wonder how they pass these fuckers on the tests

+1,000,ooo on this point and the use of signals!
Im a great driver, i always get compliments from passengers non-stop. It just other drivers that get me. Im always checking out other drivers and i can read drivers/traffic very well and that all works in my favor, but like you said it just takes one bad move by some idiot.
Evo_Ken
Evo_Ken
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum