TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER!

+5
phuknrht
FarShark
Hydrolikz
Zero
koi
9 posters

Go down

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Empty SONAX WHEEL CLEANER!

Post by koi Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:38 am

Hey Everyone,

So i picked up the Sonax Wheel Cleaner yesterday and tried it out. I wanted to share my experience with all of you. So my dads car, rims are always dirty because of the brake dust
and just road dirt. Its almost a 10 year old car and there has been brake dust caked onto the wheels for over 2 - 3 years. No matter what i used, it wouldn't come off. So i tried the Sonax and
this green liquid DOES WORK! my dad has never seen the rims so clean! it also gave me motivation to detail his exterior for 6 hrs HEHEHE shall post pictures below. ENJOY! and GRAB A BOTTLE!

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Photo013

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Photo014

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Photo015

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Photo017

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Photo018

Most of it was gone after the first spray, but since brake dust have been caked for so long, i did a few more times. It looks good. Spent the rest of the night detailing and enjoy a nice cold beer after =D
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! Empty Re: SONAX WHEEL CLEANER!

Post by Zero Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 pm

cool story bro

haha kidding, this stuff seems GOOT
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Nice, my GF's rims are getting frigged up cuz she NEVAR cleans her own dizzam ride. So I guess the next time I clean the friggin thing i'll try that stuff out, thanks for posting the review. SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! 1588882144
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 pm

its diff wort the money! i didnt have enough in my pocket, if so i would've of bought more!!!
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 pm

They look new.

Are these available at CT?
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 pm

im not sure, i picked this up at nextmod
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:34 am

The rims looked like they were bleeeeeding Laughing

on a more serious note *clears throat* how did the rims hold up after they were clean? like is it strictly a cleaner or does it have repelling qualities too? My rims constantly dirty, damn black... Dro knows what I'm talking bout.. Laughing

Probably pick some up when I'm at Nextmod on Friday, give it a try!!
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:34 am

phuknrht wrote:Is it strictly a cleaner or does it have repelling qualities too?
Just a cleaner.

I've never let anything really get caked on (. asside from the back side where I can't get (. but nothing taking the wheel off and cleaning it wouldn't fix .)

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:59 pm

i forgot what kind of brakes my dad is running, but european car's brake shoot out lots of dust =( look at all them mercs and bmws with filthy rims. Anyways after i cleaned them about 2 drives out dad comes back with somewhat dirty rims again. But im able to just use regular car soap and easy fix. Im only going to use sonax when its really really dirty! regular days, regular things =)
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:05 pm

There is an Armor All rim protectant that I use on my polished lip of the Volks. It is great, prevents anything from sticking to it (for a while). Perhaps use SONAX to clean your wheels and then the Armor All spray to keep the dust off.

I used to get a lot of dust and the concave shape of the lip used to hold it all in.
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Sounds interesting! Think we should have some product reviews for cleaning our rides, that way all tts rides are SHINY CLEAN! Laughing
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:04 pm

FarShark wrote:There is an Armor All rim protectant that I use on my polished lip of the Volks. It is great, prevents anything from sticking to it (for a while). Perhaps use SONAX to clean your wheels and then the Armor All spray to keep the dust off.

I used to get a lot of dust and the concave shape of the lip used to hold it all in.

Is this that Aresol spray that it says to let dry for an hour, or even longer if possible?? I saw it at CT but Im always skeptical of new products Laughing, if it is what you were taking about, then I'll be picking some up
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Braden Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:02 pm

is it an acid wheel cleaner ? acid wheel cleaners work amazing if your'e getting corrosion starting on your wheels ...a simple acid wheel cleaner can reverse it if you catch it early enough ....i was doing detailing at honda ...and all the cleaning chemicals we used where a valvoline car care thing ...and they workkkeeddd ammmmaazzzingggg ! i have looked around trying to buy some for my car but cant find them
Braden
Braden
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 pm

It is an aerosol spray.

Remember its not a cleaner, although once you spray it you can wipe it down a bit and its gather some of the crud on the wheels.

Im not sure if you are supposed to leave it to dry, I dont ever bother, it works just fine.

It works amazing on my polished lips. I can bring it to the next CSCS event and you can give it a shot.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/TireWheelCare/PRD~0390438P/Armor%252BAll%252BRim%252BProtectant.jsp?locale=en
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:45 am

FarShark wrote:It is an aerosol spray.

Remember its not a cleaner, although once you spray it you can wipe it down a bit and its gather some of the crud on the wheels.

Im not sure if you are supposed to leave it to dry, I dont ever bother, it works just fine.

It works amazing on my polished lips. I can bring it to the next CSCS event and you can give it a shot.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/TireWheelCare/PRD~0390438P/Armor%252BAll%252BRim%252BProtectant.jsp?locale=en

Yeah I picked some up a month or so ago, supposed to let it dry for an hour or more, but when it dries its kind of hazy, and made my black wheels look like several people busted a load all over them Laughing took me like an hour to buff it all off SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! 840204665

itd be good for lighter coloured wheels though im sure
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 am

shall try it out.....hopefully it doesnt damage flat black finishes! Shocked
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 am

just G wrote:shall try it out.....hopefully it doesnt damage flat black finishes! Shocked

Hopefully the flat finish on wheels isnt like Matte Paint jobs, which from what i hear are retarded to keep, cause you cant do anything you normally would to wash your car and have to clean anything off right away or it will stain... SONAX WHEEL CLEANER! 840204665
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MBdr Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 am

I heard that acid base cleaner can strip the paint off your wheels if they are painted, like plastidiped.

I'm kind of scared to use wheels/rim cleaners since I did paint my stock wheels with plastidip, my gold rims on the other hand, maybe i will try it, but not sure if that would take the paint off either.
MBdr
MBdr
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm

if you just clean you shit every week then you wont get any build up and wont need these harsh cleaners , just my opinion
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by MBdr Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 pm

true say.. I totally agree with you prez!

any issues with tire shines? I heard that stuff can do the same to plastidip paint.
MBdr
MBdr
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Interesting to hear your experience on the black wheels.

I guess since I have polished lips on my wheels, I can only offer the advise for that type of wheels. In this case, they work great.
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down