TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma

4 posters

Go down

Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma Empty Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma

Post by Nemex6 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 am

Alright SO...

The top of my windshield is bubbling like crazy. It began the leaking last fall, it wasn't to the point where it was dripping on my head or anything but the headliner showed the evidence. I took out the headliner so I can silicone the inside and the outside.. It worked for a brief period of time and then started up again. I will not be able to fix it the way it needs to be this year unfortunately so I am looking for suggestions on what I can do to try and control this problem.. I plan on getting it professionally fixed in the new year.. It doesn't leak horribly in the winter but we do get those sunny days and things start to melt.. Well, I am sure you get the idea.

I have had some suggestions but would like to get some advice from TTS members as well..

1) Grind down and get rid of as much of the rust as possible, put a few layers of fiberglass over top, spray rust paint over top and leave it..

2) Re-silicone but do a better job.

3) Grind down all the rust and drench it in rust bullet, primer over top, match the paint at NAPA, clear coat and leave it..

The 3rd suggestion sounds pretty good as I have heard rust bullet is amazing but.. What do you suggest I do?

I have been maintaining any other spots of rust on the car with the grinding down, and spraying with rust paint and it's.. not working very well. I really don't want to do the fiberglass/bondo thing..

Here is a photo of what I am dealing with... This is from the beginning of the year and it's kind of a craptastic photo, this is the driver side, the passenger side is pretty much identical..

Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma 2lw653m

Suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

(Sorry if I posted this is the wrong area)
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma Empty Re: Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma

Post by Zero Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:28 am

ehh... i've never encountered this problem so I wouldn't know what to do.. we'll see if anyone else has any opinions/ideas
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:25 am

I might just do the grinding down all the rust and using the rust bullet but will see how bad the rust actually is once I start grinding. If it's bad enough, I will probably end up laying a few strips on fiberglass just to see if that helps keep the moisture out.
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 pm

grrr. my hood on my prius is bubbling!!!! going to toyota to complain once again!!! hopefully a new hood!
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 am

I wish I was just bubbling!! I am assuming your car is still under warranty??? Smile
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 am

yupyup =D but i had a lot of problems with it already
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade7 Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 am

Is this still a current problem?

Someone sealed my sunroof, but it still leaked, so this is what I did, and it works amazingly!!!
Leaking Roof + Rust Dilemma IMG_0958
I assume you want something prettier though? I know Por15 is very good at stopping rust, used it on a few cars from the 60's and its still holding up fine!
Blade7
Blade7
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum