TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 season

+16
Nightwingii
Hydrolikz
Boosted BigBird
Juice
Chantie88
B00std4G63
mattcanada
azend
ruckusx2
Yuriy
Evolutional16
Nate
Zero
BrianV
maxima_tyler
Infamous
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2014 season Empty 2014 season

Post by Infamous Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 am

Ideas for this season,forum etc.. ,how to improve this year anything on your mind lets speak about it and figure out a goal for this season all around , What are we slacking in what are we good in etc..
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

2014 season Empty Re: 2014 season

Post by maxima_tyler Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 am

getting this site back to its former glory is a definite must!

also, showing up at as many shows as possible, even the ones that may not have been good in previous years.

a couple barbeques (charity or just for the fam) are also a good idea

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Getting more people back to the forum and away from the alternate stuff is important I think. Also more communication on what's going on. A lot of my frustrations from last year could have been prevented with just a bit of a heads up (example last years megaspeed)

It would be nice to see a few more people out to a few more shows, but we all have things to do and it can be tough to get out sometimes.

Other than those few things I think we're doing okay, we just need more activity! Cheers guys
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:15 am

also going to be refreshing the forum and website , any ideas??
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 am

idea #1 is make the reply box background black or the text black : ) haha it's still white on white when I press reply. This nice little quick reply box is right, but the one when you press the reply button is not.

Other than that I really like our forum layout. The website layout works good too I think. No ideas from me how either could be re-worked much (I'm not a design guy Laughing)
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:58 pm

yeah, just what brian said (though it looks like for me, thats already been fixed).

i also had an issue before with having two scroll bars (one for the TTS main page, and a separate inner one for the forum), but it looks like that issue is gone too.

Are we gonna be bringing back the MOTM? i know the forum would need better participation to make that happen (which is hopefully coming), but it would be nice to use that section again.

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Motm would be good to keep going , any ideas how to decide them , same system as before ?

Ideas for website content ?
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 pm

I think have a vote like before, then the admin chooses between the top 3 so it doesnt become a "voting for my friends" thing

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 am

maxima_tyler wrote:I think have a vote like before, then the admin chooses between the top 3 so it doesnt become a "voting for my friends" thing

yes.

Just more turn out for events, I'm amped for this season.

The white background is quite annoying in the text box, I'm typing blind Laughing
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Sold my HHR SS and got a Focus ST. Can't wait to come out to some events this year!
Nate
Nate
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evolutional16 Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 am

worm hole through space time continuum to transport me there and back faster.... Rolling Eyes 
Evolutional16
Evolutional16
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Evolutional16 wrote:worm hole through space time continuum to transport me there and back faster.... Rolling Eyes 

Also known as your evo's  gas pedal

Also, make sure you try to come up to toronto atleast once this year, I never had the chance to do a shoot with your car last time. Only shot a few crummy rolling shots
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:30 pm

We have a bunch of newish members who pretty much refuse/don't want to use the forums.
Put more relative information here like in the past, 'what, where, when, and a list of people who are coming. Especially for TTS barbeques (cuz we are going to have alot of those right? right?  2014 season 1926791664 ).
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah, we just need to stop using whatsapp for true club related events/issues
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm

ever since that whatsapp crap came into play the site has been dying. I never see anyone on here anymore.I don't even have a cell no more so getting info on anything is hard cause I never used this whatsapp and no one wants to post info in here.so when you hear about a meet or anything it usaly ends up I hear about it the day b4 or the day of which is way to short of notice so I dont end up going. cant we just stick with what worked b4. using this site to plan stuff even if it is for the littlest meet. and I say if members dont wanna use our fourms then well are they really members or just tagalongs Smile
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:16 pm

ruckusx2 wrote:ever since that whatsapp crap came into play the site has been dying. I never see anyone on here anymore.I don't even have a cell no more so getting info on anything is hard cause I never used this whatsapp and no one wants to post info in here.so when you hear about a meet or anything it usaly ends up I hear about it the day b4 or the day of which is way to short of notice so I dont end up going. cant we just stick with what worked b4. using this site to plan stuff even if it is for the littlest meet. and I say if members dont wanna use our fourms then well are they really members or just tagalongs Smile

I have no problem going back to this. Whatsapp is okay and all... but not for a club. its not really fair for the entire club.
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:18 pm

So apparently ruckus just pulled that right out of my brains and posted it somehow... because those are exactly my thoughts too. This forum has worked perfectly well in the past I don't understand the need to look for other options, whatsapp, facebook etc. I see this here as home base, its accessible from pretty near anywhere and on basically every modern device be it cellphone, tablet, laptop whatever. Its here it works, why not use it?
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:36 pm

I fully agree with Chris.
If you look at any active club their forums are always the main source of info, and communication. I have no problem rolling with a small core group which holds the same values as I. Being on the forums actually brings back a little nostalgia of when I just joined up with TTS.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by azend Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:22 am

Disclaimer: I'm new here...

While I don't think WhatsApp is the way to go, I wouldn't mind this site getting a renovation. When I first joined, I noticed that a number of features of phpBB don't work the way they were meant to because of the theme we are currently using. For example, the white text on white background whenever you try to do a full reply to a post. This is true for many of the text boxes on this site and is not the only issue of the sort.

Also, I think people would come and be aware to this forum a lot more if attention on the site were more focussed to the forum. From the main page of the website, it is not obvious that there is almost a plethora of community conversation going on just under clicking the forum button.

Finally, it would be nice to make this website more accommodating to people on their mobile devices (such as smartphones with "small" screens). I think what makes WhatsApp so useful for this group is the ability to instantly and spontaneously have a conversation where you can confirm dates/times/locations. For example, at a meet, alert people of status changes (such as location change or whatever) in the field. If the forum were better on mobile devices, I see little benefit to using WhatsApp over what we have.

Last edited by azend on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

azend
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 pm

azend wrote:
Also, I think people would come and be aware to this forum a lot more if attention on the site were more focussed to the forum. From the main page of the website, it is not obvious that there is almost a plethora of the community conversation is going on just under clicking the forum button.
Thats not a bad idea, maybe add something to the front page that shows the "hot" or "most frequented" topics so people can see right on the home page what the main things going on are. The last forum i was on had that, and it was pretty useful/.

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:05 am

lets keep these ideas flowing and get back to how it was , if anyone wants to know whats going on they should just check here , if people want to confirm times and locations day of events grab someones number , there is way too many people trying to create pages on all different things like whatsapp , bb, facebook etc and it creates a lot of confusion to many .
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:06 am

Evolutional16 wrote:worm hole through space time continuumi to transport me

I agree with kiru , step on the gas , closest thing we got right now there and back faster.... Rolling Eyes 
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by mattcanada Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Getting back to using the forum as a main location would be awesome, I'd check back every once in a while and wouldn't see anything posted and just didn't know what was happening. Hopefully I can start making it out to some meets again haha
mattcanada
mattcanada
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by B00std4G63 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:01 pm

more meets/bbqs/shoots on sunday afternoons rather than saturday night would b nice Very Happy but thats probably just me.
B00std4G63
B00std4G63
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantie88 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 pm

hey all! I love a lot of your input and we will for sure take everything into account.

To add to the WhatsApp thing I do also believe the site has died since then. I didn't make that app for everyone to talk to on there. As I said multiple times I designed it for the simple fact that when we are meeting up for shows, meets etc it was an easy way to message and say " hey I'm running late" " I'm on the hwy" and for myself, Shane and Dro to ask where people are so we know to wait or not. In the past I have had people message me on the forum cause they are running late and I never get the message. At lest one of the 40 people on the whatsapp will know where someone is cause I for sure don't have everyone's number and I don't want to text 10 different people to ask where they are. I hope that clears up the Whatsapp thing ... but maybe its something that should be deleted all together?

input guys and gals?
Chantie88
Chantie88
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next