TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes

+2
Infamous
Zero
6 posters

Go down

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes Empty Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes

Post by Zero Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Credits to "steady eddie" from the Driftworks Forum

Knocked these up this afternoon... price zero, time taken less than 30 minutes.
Only tools needed are an angle grinder

Pair of scrap front disks:

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes 2010_010

cut off the face:

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes 2010_011

Dress them and they're ready to fit:

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes 2010_012

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/119270-make-your-own-8mm-wheel-spacers-less-than-30-minutes.html
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes Empty Re: Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes

Post by Infamous Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:05 am

hmmm
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes Empty Re: Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 pm

lol so simple..

how does it perform. have u tested them yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:30 pm

na but my friend teaches at my old high school auto-shop... so I'm gonna go by and make one tomorrow

a little skeptical, but we're gonna make a set for his plymouth superbird
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm

:study: I wouldn't...

Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for...And in this case your paying nothing so...
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 pm

spacers come with bolts on them so , so you bolt the spacer to your hub like you would your rims , then the bolts on the spacers you use for your rims , if you do this idea you have you will be using the bolts for your rims plus spacers which might = bolts too short , it might be better just to

1. buy proper spacers or
2. buy wider rims

id do it proper but thats my opinion
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:44 pm

yeah, truth be told I wouldn't do this - but a few guys on the driftforum have - just thought you guys would've wanted to know a possible but fool-hardy option xD
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 pm

its a good idea , spacers are not cheap , for me to get spacers for all 4 would be like 400$ its better to just buy wider rims in the long run , which imma end up doing
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

yea i was afriad that shit gonna fall off when in motion or make funny noises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

Make your own 8mm wheel spacers in less than 30 minutes Mazdarx7

Nuff said... lolz!
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:55 am

The problem with this is that in order to successfully pull it off you would need some precise measuring equipment, something equivalent to that of machine shops. What I'm getting at is that anyone could easily cut off the face of the rotor, but how would you go about making sure that it's PERFECTLY level and even on both sides? It's the same reason why you can't just re-surface your own rotors with a sanding disc or w/e. They will probably have small imperfections (warped) that you'll feel when you brake. In this particular case the small imperfections in the spacers might result in camber/toe change after you mount the wheels. Spacers are something that needs to be done using CNC precision machining.
_-Night-Shade-_
_-Night-Shade-_
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mackfall Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 am

That being said If you need anything machined let me know in. Millwright and have access to a machine shop every day

mackfall
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Braden Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 pm

i have run 8 mm slip in spacers with no issues before with my old wheels ...basically the exact same thing most spacers that bolt on are 15mm+ becuase these are fine with you factory studs just tq them down more ...or if youre still sketchy order a set or arp exztended wheel studs
Braden
Braden
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down