TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone recommend a good dyno place?

+8
J-MacK
Zero
Infamous
Juice
just G
FarShark
hughheff
Yuriy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can someone recommend a good dyno place? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone recommend a good dyno place?

Post by Zero Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 pm

shit really...?

make a complaint, try to get in there again

actually kinda speechless myself - the dyno operators we had were on their game, did everything they could to make sure each car got a proper run in and all that

for $120 bucks... i wouldn't let this go
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Can someone recommend a good dyno place? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someone recommend a good dyno place?

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Definitely sounds like an off day over there, did you mention anything to them regarding the cut-off while you we're there?
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm

I'll be fair, they did try, they pulled up the car's spec to see what gear would be best, the 'presentation' was good, but in the end they failed. Lets be honest it doesn't matter how they get to the point, the results where unsatisfactory. The guy knew what he was doing (or so it seemed) just that for whatever reason he could not explain why it was the way it was.

I don't know how often you have dynoed your cars in the past or what kind of research you have done on you models regarding what to expect in terms of power, but if you dynoed your car only ever once its hard to make a good judgment based on the first dyno. anyway...autos are a pain to dyno, you really gotta feel for it, and the outcome is always going to be a bit underrated then what the car actually makes.

If anyone every plans on dynoing their car, do some research on your model; see what other people have gotten, and try at least two places and see how the numbers/graphs differ, if at all.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by EJ1_B16a2 Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:08 pm

EJ1_B16a2
EJ1_B16a2
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ice effect Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Yuriy wrote:so....I went there today (EA), a lot of nice cars in there. The dyno operator, did a shit job trying to dyno my 6spd auto...the numbers are so sad, and the power cut off so early that you'd think he was testing a base 2.4 N/A sonata. Also, they failed to mention ahead of time that their software for the timed runs is not working, so I pretty much wasted my morning and $120 on a useless dyno run, and a very pretty graph. one thing lead to another, and I drowned in beer for lunch...

what numbers did you get at EA?
ice effect
ice effect
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:14 pm

ice effect wrote:
Yuriy wrote:so....I went there today (EA), a lot of nice cars in there. The dyno operator, did a shit job trying to dyno my 6spd auto...the numbers are so sad, and the power cut off so early that you'd think he was testing a base 2.4 N/A sonata. Also, they failed to mention ahead of time that their software for the timed runs is not working, so I pretty much wasted my morning and $120 on a useless dyno run, and a very pretty graph. one thing lead to another, and I drowned in beer for lunch...

what numbers did you get at EA?

205hp peak.................
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ice effect Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:50 am

What mods you have? Is it the 2.0 turbo? How much boost you're running?
ice effect
ice effect
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:29 pm

ice effect wrote:What mods you have? Is it the 2.0 turbo? How much boost you're running?

its the 2.0T, 275 at the fly wheel, and 285 with high octane.
mods, 3" Turbo back, intake, and charge pipe with bov, all from Nameless Performance Inc.

as for boost I don't remember, I believe the readings where from 14ish to 18insh.
in lower gears (1-3) it limits boost, and on a dyno (with their tiny ass fan) it really starts to get heatsoaked after about 4500 rpm

Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Does the car come stock with a bov or recirculatory valve? I was creeping the gencoupe forums awhile ago and they are trying to convince Cobb to create an accesport for your ride...that way injectors, meth and more boost and it'll be a wicked little car with tons of possibilities....I think they look interesting so stoked to see it come out!

As far as dyno goes I've been on the dynojet at Magnus and been there countless nights to see numerous cars on it....no real horror stories and the person strapping down the car and running the dyno cant control the power output of your car. Pick a dyno your going to stick with and watch the percentage increase. You'll know for sure if your mod worked or not and whether it did what it claimed or not.

check out g-tech computers for on board 1/4 mile and and 0-60 times and sprint boosters for quicker shifting and throttle response and stuff.

Good luck!
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/10seckid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 pm

^Double post deleted, now on with the thread.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm

it comes with a forged recirculatory valve, but I have a new charge pipe with a synchronized bov. also poweraxle have ecu reflush for the gencoupe, and they are currently testing their initial release for the sonata as well. so far its about 30 whp (on a stock car) gain and the boost is bumped to 19 or 20 I think.

I've been having problems with my car going to fail safe mode at wot sometimes, so my ecu is going to be replaced next week, also I was running old software on my ecu (they had an update some time ago...never tolled me). those two factors prolly played a part in the numbers.

10seckid wrote:Does the car come stock with a bov or recirculatory valve? I was creeping the gencoupe forums awhile ago and they are trying to convince Cobb to create an accesport for your ride...that way injectors, meth and more boost and it'll be a wicked little car with tons of possibilities....I think they look interesting so stoked to see it come out!

As far as dyno goes I've been on the dynojet at Magnus and been there countless nights to see numerous cars on it....no real horror stories and the person strapping down the car and running the dyno cant control the power output of your car. Pick a dyno your going to stick with and watch the percentage increase. You'll know for sure if your mod worked or not and whether it did what it claimed or not.

check out g-tech computers for on board 1/4 mile and and 0-60 times and sprint boosters for quicker shifting and throttle response and stuff.

Good luck!
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 pm

doesn't throwing a bov cause lack of air and thus longer spool up...now I realize a automatic holds boost from gear to gear but back in my 1.8t days I threw a bov on for cool sound factor and it definetly made the car slower...all I had was the butt dyno so I could be wrong!
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/10seckid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 pm

The sensor on my car is before the bov inlet on the intake pipe, so it has no effect on my car. I can always attach the hoes back on, not like the bov goes off often on an automatic anyway.

10seckid wrote:doesn't throwing a bov cause lack of air and thus longer spool up...now I realize a automatic holds boost from gear to gear but back in my 1.8t days I threw a bov on for cool sound factor and it definetly made the car slower...all I had was the butt dyno so I could be wrong!
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2