TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protege Build

+8
maxima_tyler
just G
Hydrolikz
FarShark
Nemex6
Zero
BrianV
Salvatore37
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Protege Build - Page 2 Empty Re: Protege Build

Post by Salvatore37 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:56 am

Infamous> yeah, there really isnt an end to any build it seems. Once the modifying starts it never really ends.. Laughing.

While sitting at timmies, a list was made up and so I have some more things planned, some things more concrete so here it goes..

1st stage..

exterior
ES Front Lip (I think that is what it is)
Mazdaspeed Spoiler (2003.5 one, the more curvy one)
New Paint & Body work (Kill the rust & paint it the Crystal White Pearl from Mazda)
Black housing headlights with a retro fit projector kit
HIDs
Yellow fog lights (once i get the fogs)
Tinted windows
Familia emblem for the trunk
Flying M emblem
CF Hood (the one with the functional ram air in it)

tires & rims
Red xxr 002's (not sure what size yet)
summer performance tires (not sure which ones)

handling
Coilovers
Camber kit (I want a nice stance so not sure if i'll need this or not)

This list is what I am aiming to compile over the winter and install in the spring.

The other plans I have are..

V6 Conversion (the klde, same one amanda has in her mx6)
5spd manual swap
Short ram intake (to work with the hood)
Headers back stainless exhaust system
Poly urethane bushing upgrade
Mazdaspeed front & rear sway bars

I have been considering the Mazdaspeed6 "big brake" kit conversion. I know Amanda is doing that conversion on her car soon and I think I want to do it as well after I do the v6 swap since the front end will be different and we can bulk buy on stuff we need to do the conversion, so i'll probably buy the stuff when she does, maybe it will be cheaper?

I really want it looking clean though by spring with what i listed for the 1st part of the build. i am getting a lot of help with ideas and what will work and what can be modified to work, i am pretty excited about everything.

Salvatore37
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by 10seckid Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am

I just did a quick kijiji search for a protege speed and they go for 4500...maybe even lower if u spend the time to look. Now that you've made the car pass safety and emissions does it not make sense to drive it in the winter get your money back for it and invest in a speed...it's already 5 speed so you saved time and labour it's already turbo so no need to engine swap it comes with fogs so all u need is yellow bulbs and the spoiler your after is already there. I know modifying is about doing whatever it takes. I currently work three jobs to try have a fast car that turns and that will enialate all. But taking the shortest route to your end result also makes sense. I know looking back if I could change platforms I would have much rather bought a Evo 8 or 9 over a Subaru, but i'm too far in and stuck with my decision. Not trying to hate just food for thought....cheers!
10seckid
10seckid
TTS Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/10seckid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Sal's car passed emissions yesterday with flying colour's and passed safety no problem. It is all stickered up and 100% legal for the road now Smile
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Sweet! Did you guys go for a joy ride?
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:44 pm

If going around town counts as one? Laughing. We are waiting until the six is back on the road before we go for a long cruise. Razz
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:49 am

Sal's CPU is packed away for the winter so I am just updating for him..

Factory radio has been taken out and replaced with an Alpine system from his old car. Went together pretty smoothly and sounds soooo much better Smile

Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 am

Pretty amazing how much of a difference in sound quality you get just from swapping out the factory deck for an aftermarket. I remember when I swapped the deck on my previous cars ... sound was like 10x better! Very Happy
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:56 pm

These photo's were supposed to go up a while ago but here they are now.. Dun dun dunnnnn the new intake boot Razz

Protege Build - Page 2 Img0187ie

The old one was ripped right around. :/

Updates updates... Uhmm... Oh well, the rust that wasn't there .. is there and it's showing it's ugly face in the wheel wells, under the driver & passenger doors as well. It's amazing what salt does in such a short period of time on rust that has only been temp. fixed and hidden under a few coats of paint.

That's about it for now!
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2