TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuriy's 'Blue Devil'; mustang gt

+15
Zero
grafxx
FarShark
l8er
rontam90
maxima_tyler
BrianV
koi
just G
Juice
Hydrolikz
roblaza
Infamous
Nemex6
Yuriy
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Yuriy's 'Blue Devil'; mustang gt - Page 4 Empty Re: Yuriy's 'Blue Devil'; mustang gt

Post by Yuriy Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:41 am

wait a little, if the become one of our vendors he is going to give you a better price.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Yuriy's 'Blue Devil'; mustang gt - Page 4 Empty Re: Yuriy's 'Blue Devil'; mustang gt

Post by grafxx Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:03 am

Looks good man
grafxx
grafxx
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Yuriy wrote:wait a little, if the become one of our vendors he is going to give you a better price.

Any news on this topic?!
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Wow looks awesome!
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 pm

BrianV wrote:
Yuriy wrote:wait a little, if the become one of our vendors he is going to give you a better price.

Any news on this topic?!
no idea, just give him a call. His name is Andre #416-564-9411, his work hours are very flexible. Just tell him that Yuriy referred you, and you are from the same club, maybe he can cut you some slack.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:21 pm

She's comming along nicely! Very Happy
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Tomorrow I am going to Dragonwerks.ca, for a dyno run, 0-60, and 1/4 sprint. I decided to stick to mustang dynos, simply because its a pain to jump dynos, and shops when you want to get 0-60, and 1/4 mile times. its going to be my base stock runs. I am only really interested in the timed runs, as the stock hp numbers are meaningless until I put my mods on and see the gains, even then I'd be more interested in the time difference. End of the day its how fast you can go from point A to point B, regardless of what you car puts down.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

sweet wrap, looking good
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 am

Post the numbers A.S.A.P.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

so....all runs done on Mustang Dyno, if you need to know the difference between it and DynoJet, google it (mustang dyno vs dynojet) good explanation.

No mods, base line hp 205, torque 218.
Timed runs are a no go again, they are about 1.5s off the actual real life run tests. Reason being some info on my car is not currently in the database, so we used data from a similar car. When we did the timed runs, the car though it was skating on ice and permanently turned on traction control (limiting low end power), the traction control light came off once the car rolled of the dyno, and the computer realized it was on solid ground.
Think I am done with trying to do timed runs on a dyno Laughing.
Since I am no longer doing them (time runs) I am going to migrate back to the shop that's like 5min away from me as apposed to 55min away (they use dynojet), means I am going to have to run the car again, numbers on dynojet going to be about 10% higher, then mustang dyno.)

I have a bluetooth obd2 reader that's synced to my torque app on my phone, the readout out from that for hp, and torque just about matches the dyno run, I've been using it to do 0-60 runs on some flatish country roads, lots of salts and sand really kills the start off :(
awany my times range from 5.8s - 6.55s, most of the times are 6.3s-6.5s.
Can't wait til the tracks open up again.
People claim that they consistently get high 5s 0-60, but I don't buy it as of yet, maybe on a drag street on a nice warm day.

Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

i find consistent high 5s 0-60 times hard to believe... with that kind of stock power and weight, i'd believe low 6's like youve been gettin.

good stuff for baseline though. interested to see what type of gains different mods give you

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I am only doing one other run after the all my mods are on...as I have them all, just they came off for the winter.
Thing is I don't know if I want to put my whole turbo back on, I am thinking of keeping my catback stock, or I am going to have to fuck around with trail and error trying to kill the drone.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Nice starting point.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

so....after almost 3 month past and all the bullshit I endured with my mods and cold weather, and no one able to provide me with the actual cause, don't care about the solution...why do people who sell turbo cars not know some basic functions of them. so much I didn't know...this is my first car and my first turbo Laughing

anyway....in my quest for drone free and quieter exhaust over the past week (gotta get it all set before I put it back on) I stumbled on some called "boost creep" and then into overboost.
I guess I was somewhat right in the first place. Cold weather seems to be the culprit, couple that with a good flowing intake and exhaust. Sadly the fix for boost creep is a mechanical only in a form of an extarnal waste gate, and I am going to look into that, at some point in life. For over boost there are many solutions, most are also mechanical mods.
so yeah, I wasted money pulling my mods off, and now I am going to waste money putting them back on, and so the cycle of life continues....
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by grafxx Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:02 am

edison tried 10,000 times before he got the lightbulb right... it's all in the game.

at least now you have a direction, and by the end of the month it'll be a non-issue due to warmer temps...
grafxx
grafxx
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Just saw a car like yours zip down Spadina, pushing hard, bov fluttering like crazy ... didn't sound or look as good as yours, and looked actually kinda sluggish.
It's tough with new cars, but it's good to know you've sorted it out. Can't wait for the summer!
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 pm

yeah, its so tempting to put everything on right now, and order all my visual mods at once...but gotta pace it out a little Laughing.

on another note, last week I finished my basic apprenticeship schooling, now I am third term apprentice and a pay raise !...two more year to go Laughing.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemex6 Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Congrats on becoming a 3rd year apprentice!! Smile

So basically everything that has been happening with your car is because you need an external waste gate? Or is that a completely separate issue from what you had going on before?
Nemex6
Nemex6
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't know yet if its boost creep or over boost, might be a bit of both. for boost creep the only cure is mechanical detune, or external wastegate. As for over boost depends, a simple reflush that rises the boost limit might work, or a reflush with a detuned mapping for the winter.
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 am

had my trunk lip done today, finally went over to restyleit to get it back and put on the car looks sweet...if anyone is coming out this Sunday for the show you'll see it. Razz
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 am

Yuriy wrote:had my trunk lip done today, finally went over to restyleit to get it back and put on the car looks sweet...if anyone is coming out this Sunday for the show you'll see it. Razz

lookin forward to it
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Sweet! Will be there!
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 pm

http://www.rtxwheels.com/wheels/2012/turbine-%281%29.aspx

would look so sick on my car....but no 19"!!!!!! :(
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 am

agreed!
what size are the rims on your car now? they fit really well IMO

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 am

Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next