TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Speed formally Performance World

+14
FarShark
Boosted BigBird
ruckusx2
grafxx
EJ1_B16a2
Hydrolikz
Derty Sanchez
s_moneh
BrianV
Infamous
Yuriy
rontam90
Juice
Nightwingii
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mega Speed formally Performance World

Post by Nightwingii Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Yep Yep
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mega Speed formally Performance World

Post by Hydrolikz Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 am

Juice wrote:
Infamous wrote:^^ what they said , and to be 100% honest of all the cars in tts yours attracts the most attention of em all period

not just in TTS, but pretty much for all cars if you ask me! Very Happy

^This Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 2 1926791664
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

im out for this , anyone going to be in the show?
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:06 pm

I haven't heard anything back on my registration yet. Untill I hear otherwise I'm going to assume I'm in it. Also hoping I'm not the only one of us Smile
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

i got turned down 2yrs in a row ,so i dont think ill be trying this yr for this event :(
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I can understand that.

With that said if anyone else wants to participate I'd like to know so I may be able to get people etc to assist them in setup and such. This is still a team effort even though only a few will be participating.
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ruckusx2 Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:16 pm

ill still help out if you need me 2 .just let me know
ruckusx2
ruckusx2
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:34 pm

if ppl are in im more then willing to come help set up and get the rides detailed , i dont think ill be in this year
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosted BigBird Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Ill be there for sure. Love looking at the hotrods that are usually there. Will for sure support TTS at the show but the car wont be there.
Boosted BigBird
Boosted BigBird
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derty Sanchez Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Well at this point I'm in so let's get a list started and see who's down

MEGA SPEED

Derty Sanchez
Nightwing??
Brianv ??
Derty Sanchez
Derty Sanchez
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm

I know Brian has registered and mine won't be in it this year. Unless I can get a tow. NO insurance etc during the winter months.

But I still want to know if others are looking at entering.
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FarShark Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm

^Same deal, not driving the car in the winter :|
FarShark
FarShark
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by s_moneh Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:39 am

u guys r such girls :p it hasnt even snowed here yet! lmao

o JP.....apparently u can get insurance from your company for a day if u need to move it or w/e.... i dont know how much that could be tho

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 am

Yeah good point I can do just that. Again would need a flat bed etc. i had one arranged etc last year but didn't plan on it this year so much else going on.
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maxima_tyler Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Id be down to help out. Wont enter the show though. Just gotta make sre im around toronto that weekend

maxima_tyler
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

has anyone registered/been accepted for this show?
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

if any members are going , i think we should try to get a crew together ( those that can make it ) to help those in the show set up and detail their rides , make sure they lookin pretty
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 am

The only thing I've gotten from them so far was this email:

"Thank you for your registration to Toronto's newest show! Megaspeed Custom Car and Truck Show! Please keep this email for your records. See you at the show!"

on Dec 8.

I've not recieved a final confirmation either way yet.
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:24 am

Thats pretty much what you get for now.

I have to email them about something I will ask them about when they will make the final cuts etc.
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:51 pm

If it's anything like Performance World was like last year, you'll get an update like a week or two in advance with what time you can set up ... or ~1wk if you're not accepted ... and ~1-2 days if you're declined and then accepted due to accepted people dropping out ...
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derty Sanchez Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Juice wrote:If it's anything like Performance World was like last year, you'll get an update like a week or two in advance with what time you can set up ... or ~1wk if you're not accepted ... and ~1-2 days if you're declined and then accepted due to accepted people dropping out ...

Lol memories and not good ones ;) it was pretty hectic last year wasn't it
Derty Sanchez
Derty Sanchez
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:30 pm

last year was fucked , but still worked out , atleast we had a couple cars in the show which is better then none ,
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I got my move in package tonight. So I've been accepted. Seems pretty specific on how you have to setup too. Anyone else get in yet?
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by s_moneh Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 pm

What does it involve! I just want to know aha

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianV Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:04 am

I'll paste up the document.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are pleased to inform you that your entry to
MegaSpeed Custom Car Show March 9-10-11, 2012
has been accepted subject to the following conditions:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

MOVE-IN: Thursday, March 8th only, 7AM – 9PM, Gates 16 & 18. Please check in at the Show Office located in Building 1 for your passes, goody bag and window card.

MOVE-OUT: Sunday, March 11th, 6PM – 8PM. Move-out staff will direct you accordingly.

DISPLAY SET-UP: Displays must be completed no later than Friday 9:30AM absolute latest. The Show opens at 10AM to the Public.

DISPLAYS: All vehicles in competition must have a display around them, including a show sign, crowd control barriers and floor covering (i.e., carpet, sand, bark chips, vermiculite, crushed rock and mirrors). Cash and awards are given out to winners. Oil drip pans are required under rear end, tranny and engine.

ELECTRICAL: Hydro drops are controlled by Show Tech and must be ordered before the Show, contact info. is on our website. All displays are subject to fire and electrical inspection and must be composed of CSA approved components, properly wired and grounded. Fire regulations posted on our website.

Note…20’x20’ displays must have:
1.Complete floor covering, with all concrete being covered with carpet, tile, etc.
2.Flood lights or lighting system
3.Stanchions

PASSES: Two (2) weekend passes per accepted entry. Additional discounted passes may be purchased Thursday only, at the Show Office in Bldg.1. Passes must be picked up on move-in day.
. NO PASS…NO ENTRY
***Passes accepted at Gates 16 and VIP entrance on the left side of Bldg. 1***

GOODY BAGS: Present this letter at the Show Office in Bldg.1 between 7AM – 9PM on Thursday only, to receive your Goody Bag.

25 & UNDER: If you are 25 yrs or younger, you are eligible for the “Up & Coming” Awards. Please sign up in the Show Office by noon on Sat. March 10th.

STEREOS: Stereos are allowed, however, high levels of noise will not be tolerated.
Two warnings will be given: FIRST, you will be advised. SECOND, you will be disqualified.

STANCHIONS: You must supply your own sturdy crowd control barriers or rent them from The Stronco Group, either before or at the Show on Thursday at move-in. Info. on our website.

NO “FOR SALE” SIGNS: Strictly not permitted.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING: Business cards, handbills, flyers ,race track schedules or any type of commercial handouts CANNOT be distributed or displayed with vehicles in competition unless previously discussed and permission granted from Show Management. They will be removed by Show Staff. NO DISTRIBUTION OF ANY EVENT SCHEDULES/FLYERS, ETC., FROM NON-PARTICIPATING TRACKS.

TROPHY PRESENTATION: All participants are expected to attend. Two seats have been reserved for each entry. Well wishers may be permitted as space permits. Window cards needed for admittance. Saturday March 10th at 6:30Pm and Sunday, March 11, at 3:30PM in the Orion “D” room. Please watch for Signage at the show.

MERCHANDISE DRAWS: You must be present at the Trophy Presentation to be eligible for any draws or sponsor give-aways that may take place.

COMPETITORS’ ENTRANCES: Gate 16, 36 and VIP Pass Gate at Main Entrance of Bldg. 1. You must have a valid pass and hand stamp for in/out privileges.

ALCOHOL: Anyone found drinking outside the licensed lounge area will be immediately disqualified.

CHILDREN: CHILDREN 15 YRS OF AGE AND UNDER ARE NOT PERMITTED within the contracted space during move-in and move-out hours, as per the Occupational Health and Safety Laws of Ontario, strictly enforced by the INTERNATIONAL CENTRE.

WASH AREA: There will be a water truck on hand starting @ 7AM Thursday, March 8th,
outside of Gate 16.

SHOW HOURS: PARTICIPANTS: PUBLIC:
Thursday March 8th, Move-in 7AM – 9PM N/A
Friday March 9th 8AM – 10PM 10AM – 10PM
Saturday March 10th 9AM – 10PM 10AM – 10PM
Sunday March 11th 9AM – 6PM 10AM – 6PM
Sunday March 11th, Move-out 6PM – 8PM N/A

JUDGING: Your WINDOW CARD must be displayed on the OUTSIDE of your windshield beginning THURSDAY and for the duration of the Show. Classifying & Judging begins Thursday evening and continues throughout the weekend. If you want your engine, trunk and interior judged, please leave them unlocked and open. Please turn off your display lights and chargers when you leave at night. The decision of the Judges is final.

CAR COVERS: NO CAR COVERS ALLOWED. THIS INCLUDES THURSDAY WHEN CLASSIFYING BEGINS.

CANCELLATIONS: If you are unable to make the Show, please call immediately. We have cars on stand-by waiting to get in, so please advise us at your earliest.
Call GARY CHALLICE at 905-723-7828 9AM-5PM, after 5PM at 416-752-277 or Toll-free 1-855-752-2272

SHOW SERVICES (to be contacted / arranged prior to show):
Drapes, Tables, Furniture & Carpet The Stronco Group 905-270-6767
Electrical, Lights, Outlets, etc. ShowTech 905-677-9546
Booth & Carpet Cleaning Caldas 905-672-2304
Signs & Posters Performance Signs 905-478-1744
Audio, Visual Services Ashen White Sound 416-675-9090
Hotel Reservations Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel
416-675-1234 or Toll Free 1-800-268-3300
33 Carlson Court
Rate in effect until March 3/12
Book online or call and ask for MegaSpeed Custom Car Show special rate

NOTE: The below are not allowed per the International Centre’s policies.
no nails or screws in walls, posts or floors.
no dogs, reptiles or animals of any kind (insurance regulation)
no helium balloons
no popcorn (Styrofoam)
no portable megaphones
do not glue tiles to floor

FIRE REGULATIONS:
*DISCONNECT BATTERY *NO STRAW *NO TAR PAPER *NO PLASTIC

CANOPYS:
*ARE ALLOWED…but need prior approval by SHOW MANAGEMENT and you must have a portable FIRE EXTINGUISHER on hand throughout the entire Show. Contact us for more information.

FLOOR TAPE:
To avoid being billed for tape removal, use double-sided cloth tape which is the only acceptable tape recommended for use. For more information or to purchase please contact CALDAS BUILDING SERVICES @ 905-672-2304 either Nancy or Roy. Any adhesive material that is left behind on the floor will be billed to the Competitor. Visit our website for additional information.

HEATH & SAFETY REGULATIONS: http://www.caem.ca/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=KCtLZeMye2E%3d&tabid=183
We thank you for your cooperation and support
and wish you a great weekend!

City of Mississauga Fire Department
FIRE REGULATIONS - GOVERNING EXHIBITS AND DISPLAYS IN PUBLIC BUILDINGS

DISPLAY MATERIALS
1. The following materials shall be flameproof if used for display or decorative purposes: Artificial flowers or foliage, plastic materials, split wood and bamboo fibres, textiles, paper – (cardboard or compressed paperboard less than 1/8” in thickness is considered to be paper). Wallpaper is permissible if pasted securely to walls or wall board backing. Foam plastic cored art board shall be coated on all sides with a fire retardant paint, or varnish. Edges to be encased in a metal “U” channel or metal “muffler” tape. Tape must extend at least ¾” on face and reverse of board.
2. The use of the following materials shall be prohibited: Acetate fabrics, corrugated paper box boards, no-seam paper, paper backed foil, unless
glued securely to suitable backing.
3. It is not necessary to flameproof textiles, paper and other combustible merchandise on display for sale, but the quantity so used shall be limited to the displaying of one salvageable length. Each sample must differ in color, weave or texture.
FLAME PRODUCING DEVICES
All exhibits having open flame devices must be accepted by the Fire Department. The general rules are:
1. Flame shall not be used solely to attract attention.
2. Exhibits utilizing flame producing devices must be attended at all times.
3. The use of an open flame is limited to certain articles of merchandise where the operation of an approved appliance or device definitely helps to promote the sale of such equipment.
4. Where candles are offered for sale, not more than four candles may be lighted at any one time, and they must be shielded by hurricane type chimneys. If glass contained candles are lighted, the flame must not extend above the rim of the container.
FLAMMABLE GAS
1. 1 X 5 lb. propane cylinder only as approved under the Propane Storage, Handling and Utilization Code for demonstration purposes. When a cylinder is used with a self-contained propane hand torch or similar equipment it shall have a maximum WC of 2 ½ lbs.
2. Equipment must be set up as remote as possible from public aisles, and installed in a manner to comply with approved safety standards.
3. 1 x 40 cu. ft. cylinder of acetylene will be permitted for use in Arts & Crafts type displays and for demonstration purposes.
AEROSOLS
1. It is permissible to exhibit one pressurized container, not exceeding one pint capacity of each product classified as a flammable liquid.
2. Non-flammable products are not restricted.
VEHICLES
1. Motor vehicles or gasoline-powered equipment on display must be equipped with lock-on type gasoline tank caps and batteries are to be disconnected. Gasoline tanks must not be filled beyond the ¾ mark in order to allow for expansion of product. Vehicles unable to be equipped with lock-on type caps must have caps sealed in a manner acceptable to the Fire Department.
2. Running of display vehicles during exhibit is prohibited unless approved by the Fire Department.
3. Shows requiring vehicles to run as part of a performance or contest must fill vehicle outdoors from approved safety containers.
4. Propane charged cylinders are not permitted on self-propelled vehicles or trailers on display inside buildings.
5. If at any time an Inspector deems that equipment is being operated in a manner dangerous to public safety, he shall cancel the privilege of the exhibitor concerned.
DISPLAY LAYOUT
1. Display must not encroach on exit doorways.
2. No portion of a display shall project into any aisle as designated for the show concerned.
3. The aisle clearance at the bottom and top of a stairway shall be equal to the width of the stairway. Access to exits shall be maintained clear.
4. Where the occupant load exceeds 200 persons in the assembly occupancy containing non-fixed seating, the seats shall be fastened together in units not less than 4 or more than 12, or each end seat abutting an aisle shall be securely fastened to the floor. If the area is enclosed, approved illuminated EXIT signs are required.
5. a) If fire protection equipment is located within the exhibit space, it shall be the responsibility of the Show Management to provide direct and sd unobstructed access to such equipment.
b) A fire extinguisher bearing the Underwriters’ Laboratories of Canada designation 2-A shall be provided and maintained for each 3,000 sq ft of floor area.
c) In every eating establishment wherein cooking is conducted, there shall be provided and maintained therein, one dry chemical fire extinguisher bearing the Underwriters’ Laboratories of Canada Designation 40-BC.
d) In every eating establishment and exhibit or display in which commercial cooking equipment producing grease-laden vapours are used, the cooking equipment shall be installed and exhaust ventilated in conformance with the requirements of the Ontario Building Code.
e) An approved fire extinguisher must be installed in exhibit areas where flame producing devices are used, or when required by an Inspector.
6. Hay, straw, shredded paper and excelsior packing must be removed from the building unless it can be returned to tightly closed packing containers.
7. Any enclosed showroom with an excess of 2,000sq. ft. or an occupancy of 60 persons must have two means of egress as remote as possible.
8. Boxes, crates and cartons from which merchandise has been removed, must be piled neatly in a storage area designated by Show Management.
9. Separation- A minimum of 20 feet wide separation shall be provided between any non-sprinklered, covered areas of over 200 square feet. Nonsprinklered
areas of under 200 square feet will be determined based on combustible load and subject to approval by the operations department.
10. Protection- Protection criteria for the covered areas which create the potential for obstruction of the buildings sprinkler system.
a) The area of covered portion of a booth or the area of roofed area or platform which covers the floor area below.
b) The protection required for covered areas up to 200 square feet and between 200 and 800 square feet will depend on the use and the occupancy conditions within that area. Appropriate protection may include any or a combination of the following provisions:
I. A trained security guard to monitor against unsafe conditions;
II. Smoke alarms within the covered areas;
III. Additional hand fire extinguishers;
IV. Sprinkler protection;
b.) This sprinkler protection need not be separately alarmed.
c.) The protection required for covered areas over 800 square feet will have proper sprinkler coverage.
d.) Exhibition booths with flame retardant fabric canopies not to exceed 200 square feet.
To pass materials: Hold materials to be tested in vertical position, apply flame to the lower edge for a minimum of twelve (12) seconds.
To pass a test of satisfactory resistance to flame spread, a material should not continue to flame for more than 2 seconds after the test flame is removed.
11. a) Each exhibitor displaying an ICF product must provide proof that they have obtained a valid CCMC Evaluation Report as issued by the NRC’s
Canada Construction Materials Centre in Ottawa.
b) Each exhibitor agrees to adhere to the maximum booth size and 8’ height limitations provided these are no different from the spaces afforded
to other non-ICF exhibitors. No ceiling structures allowed.
c) CF exhibitors must be dispersed throughout the show floor minimum 60ft apart
d) All ICF exhibitors must have a certified in working order Class (ABC) fire extinguisher suitable for extinguishing combustible solid material in their booth at all times.
e) Electrical boxes run for show purposes must not be in direct contact with any of the foam product.
f) All lighting modules forming part of booth displays must be installed in such a manner that no light source is closer than 2 feet from foam.
g) The backsides of all walls must be covered with drywall allowing front surfaces to be exposed.
h) Must pass 12 second flame test.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum