TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Speed formally Performance World

+14
FarShark
Boosted BigBird
ruckusx2
grafxx
EJ1_B16a2
Hydrolikz
Derty Sanchez
s_moneh
BrianV
Infamous
Yuriy
rontam90
Juice
Nightwingii
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega Speed formally Performance World

Post by BrianV Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 am

I have 2 questions about it really.

1 under Display: it says "All vehicles in competition must have a display around them, including a show sign".

What does a show sign mean?

2 under Display Materials: The following materials shall be flameproof if used for display or decorative purposes: split wood and bamboo fibres, textiles, paper. Foam plastic cored art board shall be coated on all sides with a fire retardant paint, or varnish. Edges to be encased in a metal “U” channel or metal “muffler” tape. Tape must extend at least ¾” on face and reverse of board.

Does that mean I have to somehow fireproof the poster display I had made for my car since its laminated to a 3/8" particle board sheet?
BrianV
BrianV
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega Speed formally Performance World

Post by s_moneh Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:33 am

dude, thats alot of rules..... wat happened to just putting a car there and having people look at the car.... not a freaking display..... u need crowd control barriers too like my god

s_moneh
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by koi Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 am

too long... didnt read

LOL
koi
koi
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by grafxx Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:55 am

the laminate coating probably counts as fireproofing, but i'd double-check that. the rules are probably only because of the type of permit they have. you throw a for sale sign on a car, it becomes a marketplace. fail to partition the car off and it becomes a parking lot. either scenario and poof goes the permit. at least that's how the doc reads, correct me if i'm wrong
grafxx
grafxx
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 am

Guys......

Remember that this show is for Muscle cars and classics first....

Rarely do the tuners need barriers and such. If you want sure. Might be a new name but most of the rules and such are the same.

Also the rules are generic not type or vendor specific. Thsi si the smae package handed out to vendors and contestants.

I would check with them before you go buying stuff. Also check with the crew for anythinjg as well you never know what people might be able to help out with.
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 am

Performance World last year, there were classics and muscles in those big 20x20 displays. Tuners were in a separate section, no barriers or nothing.
Few guys had signs/trophies displayed, but most of them were oriented in a parking lot style.
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

i have a display for you , tts banners Mega Speed formally Performance World  - Page 3 1926791664

and i can lend a hand to help set up and detail your ride on move in night
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 pm

anyone else attending/entering/wana help support those in the show by helping set up on move in night?
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriy Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:44 pm

I can help, but not on Thursday as am prolly going to be working till 4 or 5pm. I'll no for sure closer to the date....like the week of
Yuriy
Yuriy
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by l8er Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 pm

oo this seems interesting. Never been to anything like this yet but i think i wanna help out if i can.
may learn some things myself if i go =D

l8er
TTS Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwingii Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 am

Just a small group is all thats needed.

But I think we got you covered B
Nightwingii
Nightwingii
TTS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B00std4G63 Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 pm

hmm. seems too complicated. eff that Laughing
B00std4G63
B00std4G63
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum