TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Welcome to Toronto Tuner Syndicate
TTS represents the Toronto tuner scene as a whole . No matter what other club you rep or ride you rep we have a spot for you in TTS . Take a minute to check out our club sponsors and don't forget to register for full TTS content .
TORONTO TUNER SYNDICATE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altima Coupe 3.5

+30
Evolutional16
Blackzest
Nemex6
FarShark
BrianV
jmontenegro
twista
maxima_tyler
e82kid
Eclipse09
corey74
B00std4G63
drelude
Rick_Z32
roblaza
koi
Derty Sanchez
Nightwingii
08v6
ruckusx2
hdrasta
phuknrht
Hydrolikz
ice effect
rontam90
Painted Black
Juice
just G
Infamous
Zero
34 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Altima Coupe 3.5 Empty Altima Coupe 3.5

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:29 am

Current:

2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Altima Coupe 3.5 Ikr_3413

Altima Coupe 3.5 Ikr_2412

Altima Coupe 3.5 Ikr_0810

Altima Coupe 3.5 Ikr_0420

Owned Before:

1991 Eagle Talon TSI - bought as a winter beater/project car, ran into problems... wasn't worth it in my opinion

Altima Coupe 3.5 Ikr_9911

2008 Honda Civic LX - Sister drives it now

Altima Coupe 3.5 Dsc_0038

1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S - Now stolen
Altima Coupe 3.5 Dsc_0221

Altima Coupe 3.5 26024710

Altima Coupe 3.5 37468510

Huge, massive, enormous thanks to Juice aka, Justin for riding out to Kitchener with me to buy this beauty

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - Sold

Altima Coupe 3.5 56421310

Altima Coupe 3.5 Dsc_0198

Altima Coupe 3.5 Dsc_0199

Altima Coupe 3.5 56290810

Altima Coupe 3.5 56296710

Still makes me sad to see old pics of my 3G

1991 Honda Civic LX Sedan - Engine blown

Not actual photo:
Altima Coupe 3.5 45125310
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post:

The car is completely stock - the engines dirty (seems to be leaking fluid) and the transmission likes to be really stupid at times.

I don't have the money for a scubby or anything more decent like the rides i've seen on the forums -

so basically... just wondering lolwhere the heck would i start when it comes to engine work/modifications?

Btw, I just don't wanna end up being a stupid kid with a ricey car (i mean no offense =S)

In my completely noob opinion, I'd imagine i should start off by bringing my car to mike at Aero Hills and having the engine rebuilt? o_O

Last edited by Zero on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 27 times in total
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Altima Coupe 3.5 Empty Re: Altima Coupe 3.5

Post by Infamous Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:03 am

welcome to tts ,

if you want to start with performance id check out what other eclipse owners have had success with and see whats in the budget to start with

Laughing dont worry about rice , we wouldnt let that happen
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

http://www.torontotunersyndicate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:58 am

welcome to TTS!

this is a nice car when the right things are done to it. def check out mitsu eclipse forums and u'll know which mods to get thru feedback.

post some pics up of her.

cheers,
G.
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks guys,

Yea, i was looking through the forums at MCCC, but no one seems to have a 2001 Eclipse RS Laughing, they all have GTs. But i'll keep up with the posting and see if someone can help.

Anything you guys would recommend?

Last edited by Zero on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : image)
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 pm

what i would do in my opinion , is coils or springs first , mitsubishis have huge gaps , it took me almost 2 yrs to lower mine and i wish it was the first thing i ever did

car looks pretty clean tho
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 pm

arrite, I'll look into that - thanks
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:40 pm

when it comes down to it its your ride so you gotta be happy with what you decide to do ,
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

yea, but the problem (for me, personally) is finding the right product and the right set of components to go with it.

Like, i'm still a complete noob so I don't know too much about cambers, shocks, coilovers, and what not =/

Hopefully after a few meets i'll know what to do with the suspension Laughing
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:51 pm

and also finding a set for an affordable price Laughing.... I'm just 19 and i gotta help my dad with the mortgage'n everything
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:01 pm

just take your time , no rush , its better to save and get something quality then buy something cheap , we all started and were new jus like you , and thats a pretty good ride for 19

how you find out about us??
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 pm

haha thanks, yea when it comes to getting new things for my car...I can be a bit impatient o_O but who isn't really?

yeah, compared to the old 1990 EF Civic sedan i used to drive.....this is a step up =P (mind u, i still loved that little ef Laughing)

And i was just crusing through the MCCC forums and I happened upon a link over to the TTS website - also...i think i mighta met one of the guys way way back when i had my EF, I bought an air intake off him in the Kennedy Commons parking lot - he drove a CD5 - tall black guy, works for Vibrant Performance i think o_O
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juice Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 am

Met a guy from MCCC who rides a same gen eclipse as you, faded CF hood. He has a lot of know-how on Eclipses. Wish I could remember his name ...
Juice
Juice
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Black Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:37 am

Don't worry about being stock! We all started there at one point. What you'll notice with the car scene, after you come out to some meets, is that most of us are in it b/c we enjoy the social aspect of the hobby. You'll make some great friends and get a lot of help with the car.

Starting a car is always fun, but there's no rush. The first thing you should do is ensure that it is mechanically sound. Check the history to ensure that your transmission has been serviced, oil changed, coolant flushed etc. If it's leaking, it could very likely be an inexpensive rocker cover gasket (common on your Eclipse model) or a sweaty transmission gasket. Either way, make sure she gets all of her mechanical stuff taken care of first Smile No body kit, lowering springs or rims will be of any help if it won't run Laughing

From my experience in the car world, many people recommend that your first two mods be rims and lowering (preferably at the same time.) Eliminating the wheel gap and getting some nice wheels will really set it off. From a performance perspective, once your engine is healthy, you could start with an exhaust system, cold air intake, strut braces, upgraded battery, etc. There are many more expensive options, like having the motor ported and polished, but pace yourself. Are you interested in racing? Or just having a nice looking ride? Choose your focus and mod accordingly. Some of us are more "show" than "go" and vice versa. There is nothing wrong with either choice, as long as you plan it out, use quality product and do clean installs (when you can't handle something yourself, don't be afraid to ask for help!)

At the end of the day, this is your car. Bond with her Smile Try to envision a finished product and work towards your goal. Have fun with it too, because this can be one of the most rewarding hobbies known to man Smile And don't hesistate to ask for help. We're here any time Smile

Welcome to the club!
Painted Black
Painted Black
TTS Rookie

http://www.ontariopontiacclub.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by just G Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm

^ awesome input!!! Smile we need more members like you!!
just G
just G
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rontam90 Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Altima Coupe 3.5 2-fast-2-furious-mitsubishi-eclipse-4900848
rontam90
rontam90
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Honestly paintedblack, i love the input - thanks for taking the time man, and Laughing Juice - a shame u can't remember his name.

Yeah i've never really been to any tuner meets other than the block party held at Wheels Direct for breast cancer.

Personally i want my car to be all go and less show. Heaviest visual mod would have to be a gunmetal gray paint job and a decent set of wheels.

the eclipse looks mean already, and i want it to show that it 'can' be mean u know?

I haven't found a garage that I really trust yet, and once i do - I'd love to check the integrity of the eclipse. Do u guys have any advice on where I can find a shop that you guys trust?

Oh and yea, I am - interested in putting her on the track (and track alone), but my shifting and my overall knowledge of racing is still very inexperienced. But thank you for the input, it certainly helped me get a handle on where i should begin.

Again, i'm grateful for the replies - thanks guys
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ice effect Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Painted black - woman
ice effect
ice effect
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

ahh I see, =( pwnt, in which case, thank u not-a-man =D

Last edited by westie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : stuff)
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:02 pm

^LOL, and I agree with getting rims and moar lowa!
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Laughing I would love to agree, but the guy at Tires23 placed a set of Volk TE37BRZ wheels at 18x7.5 TE37 in Bronze $3600/set and 19x8.5 TE37 in Bronze $4000/set.

- but im sure i can find a set for a lower price somwhere if i keep searching. and when it comes ot 'moar lowa', Laughing i wouldn't know where to begin,

Lol so for now, I'm gunna take Painted Blacks advice and ensure that the integrity of my car is as sound as it can be. (then hope i happen upon affordable upgrades)
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrolikz Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:40 pm

You jumped right into some big+expensive rims there. Shocked Even guys that've been tuning for years don't have rims that nice yet, replicas look good as well and are much cheaper than a set of Volks. And im pretty sure lots of people would say get a turbo-kit for about the same price instead of just rims, even a set of coilovers and "cheaper" rims would work out to be around the same price as those Volks are alone.
Hydrolikz
Hydrolikz
TTS VP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Laughing yeah i see what you mean. So ye i should really keep looking for replicas, i just don't know where to look - but i'll check out wheels direct. By the way, if i ever do end up purchasing a coil over kit for an affordable price - say i bought these:

http://www.jrponline.com/webstore/index.php?link=details&wh=00&pn=DSR70-LUSS2

what components would I have to buy along with it?
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:08 pm

(not that im saying they're anything near affordable) =P

Oh and btw, I talked to the guy at JRP Online, (they're located in Mississauga) -

"In regards to car club discounts we are always interested to interact with local clubs. Give me a shout and we can discuss this further.

Shaun"

so if you guys want, you can talk to him - I imagine i should let that to Infamous or one of you guys to do? - I'm just wondering if ur interested. These guys carry an intense stock of various products for all years of cars.

I'm only saying this because I checked out some of the links on this forum and I keep running into products for only newer model cars

you can contact him @ shaun@jrponline.com

Last edited by subzero on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stuff)
Zero
Zero
TTS Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by phuknrht Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Im 95% sure thats evosoul.. apparently he works at JRP now..
phuknrht
phuknrht
TTS VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Infamous Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:42 pm

phuknrht wrote:Im 95% sure thats evosoul.. apparently he works at JRP now..

Laughing i just recently caught that too , went on evo m and all of a sudden he is reppin jrp then i see he had his hours posted
Infamous
Infamous
TTS PREZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next